Got A New Flashlight...

Quote:

I'm just looking for something shock-proof and water proof that won't break the bank

IPX8 rated, and runs on AA cell, although you'll get significantly more output if you stick a Li-Ion cell in there:
https://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_618210.html?lkid=10940219

But for lighting up engine bays and suspensions/ undercarriages, even the 190 lm you get out of an AA NiMH cell should be plenty bright.

BTW, I took the little Utorch for a walk this evening, just clipped to my hat. Running at about 200 lm or so, it's bright enough for walking. A high capacity AA NiMH cell will last about 1.5 hours at this output level.

38449556701_d854bebe5d_o.jpg

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Quote:

I'm just looking for something shock-proof and water proof that won't break the bank

IPX8 rated, and runs on AA cell, although you'll get significantly more output if you stick a Li-Ion cell in there:
https://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_618210.html?lkid=10940219

But for lighting up engine bays and suspensions/ undercarriages, even the 190 lm you get out of an AA NiMH cell should be plenty bright.

Awesome! Might have to jump on that one! Thanks
laugh.gif

Any c-cell lights to recommend? I've had it with 3-cell AAA flashlights. I'm constantly replacing batteries. I also find a lot of batteries leak now.

Originally Posted By: ET16
Any c-cell lights to recommend? I've had it with 3-cell AAA flashlights. I'm constantly replacing batteries. I also find a lot of batteries leak now.

Depending on your 3-cell AAA configuration, many of them can be replaced with a single 18650 or 21700 li-ion cell which will give you more output, significantly longer runtimes, no leaks, and can be recharged of course.

Anker LC40 (the original one) mentioned earlier in this thread is one such light.

But if you must have a c-cell light, here are some options:
http://flashlights.parametrek.com/index.html?battery=2xC+3xC

Kinda late to the topic but here's a flashlight I picked up at Menards last month for 10 bucks. It's called a Billy Bat. I bought several for Christmas gifts and carry one when the wife and I are out walking in the evenings just in case I need to thump an aggressive dog on the nose. It's only rated at 150 lumens but is still very bright.

Any c-cell lights to recommend?

Looks like Home Depot sells some Duracell c-cell lights. I don't know if they are any good...

lGR8LFf.jpg

if its the c form factor you want look at 26650 lights.
c lights on alkaleaks do have one advantage.c cells are the last to sell out in a disaster.
and a 3c can often take a 26650 with a easily made dummy cell.

Any c-cell lights to recommend?

Looks like Home Depot sells some Duracell c-cell lights. I don't know if they are any good...

lGR8LFf.jpg

I have had the 3 C cell for many years that I bought in a 2 pack from Cosco, its been through Hades and back and still works great.

Here is the 1000-lumen Home Depot Defiant (3xC) next to a Convoy S2+. Quality is OK, not great, but the light output is decent and I guess it could be used for self defense.
smile.gif

26815409509_5b18b86fba_o.jpg

26815409549_35443dcbdb_o.jpg

S2+ shorty...

How do you like it? Is the length the only difference between it and the regular S2+ ?

Last edited:
Yup... shorter and lighter, so it's more portable I guess.

At one point I was trying to find a very light 18350 flashlight... I never did. Unfortunately, this S2+ shorty isn't all that light either, but the shorty tube was only about $3, so I thought I'd give it a try.
smile.gif

Back