Building Up a New Stash

Status
Not open for further replies.
with an established stash my benchmarks to add are name brand: synthetic $2.00 A/R, semi & conventional $1.00 A/R

Originally Posted by dblshock
if today's oil is good for your motor it will be good tomorrow.

True....but the issues that come up on this board REPEATEDLY is that the "oil hoarder" ceases to own the vehicle. Either through major mechanical failure (not worth fixing) an accident, or boredom with the vehicle the oil was purchased for.

Sometimes it's a substantial move to another residence-with the moving company prohibiting transportation of the "oil stash".

All of the above scenarios have been written about on this forum.

And with today's ever changing requirements for lubrication- MOST TIMES the oil stash is obsolete for the new ( to you) replacement vehicle.

Then it ends up on the other forum for somebody to take it off your hands-for little or no cost.
Yep-then it ends up being a great deal for you....doesn't it?

Hoarding oil will will not pay for your retirement-IMHO.

Last edited:
Never even heard of a "oil stash" until just a few months ago.

I caught the AAP clearance towards the ends and got about 20 quarts of MSS for $0.65 a quart.

Fast forward like 2 weeks later and the autozone RTG clearance drops to $2 quart $10 jug. I hit every autozone within 25 miles and cleared them out. Now I have well over 200 quarts in my "stash"

I also grabbed a couple quarts of M1 Ap and valvoline modern engine

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

You have to admit that, in the case of some unforeseen economic catastrophe, these guys with large stashes of oil have a leg up.
56.gif

I usually just keep enough for the next oil change. This is my 1st time going hoarding.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by 4Cyl
You have to admit that, in the case of some unforeseen economic catastrophe, these guys with large stashes of oil have a leg up.
56.gif

Say what ya want; my friends and family appreciate my stash. Some have oil leakers or burners. I'm aiming to have 350 quarts plus real soon

56.gif

Yep-like a nuclear war.......................
banana2.gif

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
56.gif

Say what ya want; my friends and family appreciate my stash. Some have oil leakers or burners. I'm aiming to have 350 quarts plus real soon

I wish I woulda stashed away some Supreme 5/30 and 10/30.. guess I always counted on Wally's having it for $12 and now it's double that.

Originally Posted by ZebRuaj
I usually just keep enough for the next oil change. This is my 1st time going hoarding.

[Linked Image]

That's quite the loot of RGT!ðŸ‘

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
56.gif

Ditto, i change my sisters oil when she comes up to visit. That girl can't remember to change her oil for the life of her, despite the fact that there's a little sticker on her windshield reminding her. Plus you never know when someone's on hard times and something as little as changing their oil/filter is a big deal.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by CKN
Originally Posted by dblshock
if today's oil is good for your motor it will be good tomorrow.

True....but the issues that come up on this board REPEATEDLY is that the "oil hoarder" ceases to own the vehicle. Either through major mechanical failure (not worth fixing) an accident, or boredom with the vehicle the oil was purchased for.

Sometimes it's a substantial move to another residence-with the moving company prohibiting transportation of the "oil stash".

All of the above scenarios have been written about on this forum.

And with today's ever changing requirements for lubrication- MOST TIMES the oil stash is obsolete for the new ( to you) replacement vehicle.

Then it ends up on the other forum for somebody to take it off your hands-for little or no cost.
Yep-then it ends up being a great deal for you....doesn't it?

Hoarding oil will will not pay for your retirement-IMHO.

Yah, you can always use it in the OPE, I even have some old Honda Z1 use for bar oil.

When GF-6 rolls in they'll be giving away GF-5 just to make shelf space....keep some powder dry.

I didn't get anywhere near the deals some of you probably got but I'm glad to have 18 quarts of NAPA SB 5w20 made by Valvoline for $2.49 each. It retails for $6.49 each. No wonder they charge so much for an oil change if you get name brand oils like Valvoline, Pennzoil, etc.
I actually paid about $16 for the 5 qt jug of Valvoline SB on amazon. It seemed good to get a better price than walmart and not even have to go to walmart to get it. So for the first time ever I'll have oil shipped to my PO box.

I'd probably buy more oil if I come across any deals.

[Linked Image]

85 quarts of Valvoline Full Synthetic w/Maxlife (both 5w30 and 10w30)
5 quarts Super Tech 10w30
5 quarts Super Tech High Milage 5w30
106 quarts of Brad Penn/Penn Grade 1 (10w30, 15w40, 20w50)

I had gotten up to ~200 qts of oil as of 2 weeks ago, and decided that was too much.
I sold off 20 qts of Rotella T6 5w-40, 15 qts of Mobil 1 HM, 16 qts of Mobil Super Syn 10w-30, and 20 qts of Mobil Super HM 5w-30. My cost for all that oil was I still have 10 qts of Pentosin 5w-30 and 10 qts of Pennzoil Platinum HM listed, but not as much interest in those. Seems Mobil really sells on Facebook Marketplace, other oils, not so much.

I have 130 qts left in the stash, with about half being the Rotella Gas Truck.
Will grab a pic of it today before I change the oil on the Santa Fe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back