Discount Tire snapped off my wheel stud

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^^ That's interesting. With no further information provided and being cynical, leads me to wonder if since it's on DT's dime the shop said (to themselves) we'll just go full monte on this repair, rather than a simple stud replacement.

Whatever the case, DT making it right.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
^^^^ That's interesting. With no further information provided and being cynical, leads me to wonder if since it's on DT's dime the shop said (to themselves) we'll just go full monte on this repair, rather than a simple stud replacement.

Whatever the case, DT making it right.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. Doesn't matter at this point. I guess Tuffy knows they can get what they want out of them.

There are some Ford models, I think either certain Edges and Fusions where Ford does not sell a wheel stud. If you break a stud you have to buy a hub. Now aftermarket sells them, but if they just call the dealer for a part like that, we would send a hub.

Dealer selling only the hub assembly is a possible explanation. With that in mind thought I'd check to see if that's the case on OPs 04 TSX. One thing I really like about Honda/Acura is there are plenty of OEM/dealer parts sites that give detailed schematic drawings combined with corresponding OEM part numbers and pricing.

OP didn't say whether stud from front or rear so looked up both. Both show single OEM studs available for purchase. Looks like there are several kinds likely based on VIN number, ranging from list price $2.20-~$4 Part #19 on front wheel hub. On the rear part #35, all $2.20 list. In comparison front hub assembly #7 ~$80 list, rear part #4 ~$275 (ouch). Even if they ordered one of each type of stud and matched it up to others, significantly less expensive. See drawing/pricing reference links below.*

Of course, there could be some other explanation like hub damaged with snapped stud. But like I said with no other information I'm being cynical. And not the OP's problem, he just wants it done right. As for DT, it's the cost of doing business and if they have an agreement with the shop they recommend I'm sure they want it done right too.

Front Brake Parts

Rear Brake (Disk) Parts

starting by hand + a torque wrench is best as torque sticks are not so good!!! xtra care on aluminum wheels as most are today

They should repair it?
You go for an oil change and the cars pan strips out
should the old change guy be responsible for that too
esp if the car is 20 years old?

Hmmm,you bring something worn the fk out to be worked
on and stuff breaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back