Walmart Tire Experience: Never again!

Sadly around here it might require a PHD. The guy who does my NYS inspection is over double the $80 that WMT is asking for the job, the others are charging $35/wheel and are a crap shoot. In my case it might pay to give WMT a shot. Worst case is I have the credit card to dispute the charge if they screw up the job........ Not exactly how I want to do business but on any given day, any of the shops I reached out to can screw up.
If there is a positive in dealing with Walmart, most any Walmart, is they are very good about returns, refunds, and in general, making things right with the customer.

Reactions: hrv
If there is a positive in dealing with Walmart, most any Walmart, is they are very good about returns, refunds, and in general, making things right with the customer.
Exactly what I was thinking! That's a major factor, I'll probably roll the dice with WMT.

Back to Walmart. I have heard it's very difficult if you're a professional driver with a CDL, to get a job driving for them. They demand an all but spotless driving record. No speeding tickets, DUI's, accidents, or anything short of perfect.

The payback is great benefits and good pay in return.... But you can be a homeless guy living on the street, and they'll hire you do mount and balance tires.

Last set of tires I needed mounted I called my local tire dealer. Small town, but they are a distributor of some sort and take care of the farmers. They told me I would be better off going somewhere else. Though they have mounted lawn mower tires for me for free.

I bit on the goodyear black friday deal.

I had an appointment at 1pm, I wasn't in my vehicle driving off until 5pm. They kept me hostage with my car on the lift with all 4 wheels off it for 4 hours. Nobody to be found. Later they told me they broke all 4 hubcaps and they would refund me the cost to replace them if I brought them a receipt.

When I got home, I just HAD to check the torque on the lug nuts and to my surprise they weren't loose, were impacted on so tight they needed a cheater bar to break loose. Also, there isn't a wheel weight on any of the 4 wheels.

If you're like me and thinking, "mounting and balancing tires is pretty easy, how bad could it be?" Just shut up and go to a local place that has a verifiable reputation.
I stopped dealing with Walmart and Sam’s so called automotive services at least 10 years ago.

I must say my experience was a positive one. I did have to wait a few weeks for the actual appointment, no big deal. I took the 08 Liberty in this morning spoke with the guy working the counter, he confirmed the price asked if I wanted the protection plan or whatever they call it, I said no thanks, just do the mounting and speed balance. I asked to speak with the guy doing the actual job. He came out, I tipped him before the job and thanked him in advance for a good job. He smiled, thanked me, and said no worries sir I'll take care of your car. For under $80 out the door and them disposing of the 4 old tires no one in the area could come close to the price. I'll pass on the 50 mile re-torque and do it myself, it's not worth the 15 mile ride. I would have them do a mount and balance job again.

When I went there in October they broke a TPMS sensor, replaced it with a generic one and then it took them 2-3 weeks to reprogram said sensor. Dude who worked on claimed he use to be a mechanic and got repremanded for breaking the sensor without reporting it.

Management did well by me despite the wait time.

Reactions: hrv
Back