bad experience at walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would`t worry about it. They made a mistake and fixed it for you. The cashier,I`d just blow it off. Worst cashier attitudes I`ve ever gotten were from high end expensive stores. Cashier attitudes never bother me. I usually just smile,thank them,and give them an overly polite and friendly attitude back at them,and they`re usually shocked haha. They usually always immediately change their tune,realize they were acting common,and change their demeanor.

I have nothing for/against WM.
Bad experiences happen everywhere. Fix it if possible and move on.
I also doubt that there was a conspiracy at Wallymart to cheat you and I'm surprised you didn't look at the tires before you left.

Well you go there on a Sunday morning and you have the weekend crew. THey probably have jobs somewhere else during the week.

I'm surprised you didn't take a good look at the tires before you drove off. I always do, and double check the air pressure, just in case.

In this day and age of service errors that can't be quantified money-wise, I simply ask to be reimbursed for my time and inconvenience...

Fixing a mistake is their responsibility that they have to pay for in 2x-employee time, but MY time is just as valuable and deserves consideration...and quite often I AM reimbursed by companies that fail to serve...but you have to ask rationally, dispassionately and within reason.

All I asked for was the correct tires to be installed. I did not get upset, I did not make a scene, I did not give them any bad attitude. I just pointed out the mistake, they corrected it, and then I went about my business. I am not going to complain on Wal-Mart s web site. I'm over it. I will just buy tires elsewhere next time.

I am adding your story to my long list of reasons of why I inspect before I leave the store. Yes I have had this happen and noticed it in the parking lot before I left, and had then fix right away (was only 1 tire off though).

I'd say that carelessness or ignorance was the cause- not an intent to defraud...

Originally Posted By: barkingspider
I just pointed out the mistake, they corrected it, and then I went about my business. I am not going to complain on Wal-Mart s web site.

I agree with you that a complaint to Walmart probably isn't necessary here. They made a mistake, you alerted them to it, and they fixed the problem with no hassle back to you. I've had worse customer service experiences at other retailers!

Yeah, the employees could probably have had a better attitude. Frankly, I find this to be the case at most retailers I visit, automotive-related or otherwise. But in the end, they're human beings who have good days and bad days and I think you did the right thing by not making a scene in the store. They installed the wrong tires, and corrected their mistake at no charge to you. In the grand scheme of things, I'd say it worked out just fine.

Originally Posted By: barkingspider

The first print out had the tire size and said Trac II. It did not say Douglass. It did not say goodyear. It stated $49.95 per tire which is the price of the Goodyears. The Douglass tire price is less. So they charged me the Goodyear price for the cheaper Douglass. The second print out , I told them to put Goodyear on it. They did.

There was no "bait and switch" and no cheating that I can see. They probably just mixed up the order. The Douglas tire is not priced less, it's priced the same.

The Douglas Xtra Trac II is also $50 per tire. Well, $49.50, to be specific, in your size:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Douglas-Xtra-Trac-II-Tire-185-65R14-84S/16913816

I know some people always want to jump to conclusions or assume the worst, but there doesn't appear to be any attempt to rip you off that I can see. I suspect someone just mixed up, possibly because the tires were the same price, and put the wrong tires on the order.

This happens quite often at all tire shops, and it really depends on which Walmart you go to.

My Walmart's tire shop was run by a 1 eyed guy and he is actually the best tire guy I've ever ran into, very professional and always tell you why or why not on what you want to do, and on time, and the tire installed correctly.

What I like the best about Walmart is they tend not to fake any problem and up sell you on unnecessary services. You won't see that at other franchises.

Several years ago I got a set of Goodyear Aqua tread tires ay aWalmart and they put one tire on backwards. (They were a directional tire). I pointed it out to them and it was rectified immediately. I caught it before the car was taken out side.
It pays to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back