Pretty ships in world of warships

Really, really, liking the USN T8 BB North Carolina. The guns are awesome and it is so nice to be able to go more than 21 knots. However, I see a LOT of T9 and T10 matches in it and it is very squishy against those higher tier BB guns. I really have had to learn how to angle THIS ship best( seems different than others for optimal angle )to avoid getting hammered all the time. Also, the guns are super floaty. Reminds me almost of of the guns on the USN T6 CA Cleveland and how you can shoot up over islands but the shells are slow, go way up high, hang there, then drop. The lead is HUGE with this ship. I am getting better at it.

Just finished this game with 3 T10's in it including the USN T10 CA Des Moines( talk about fast firing HE spammer WOW )and a USN T10 BB Montana. I acquitted myself quite nicely including a really nice 3 citadel 35K salvo to take out the enemy Des Moines and end game.

Note - a full HP (66K) North Carolina will NOT take out a 3/4 HP Montana if you ram it. Game before this I wound up alone at a cap with the enemy Montana coming in. Both of us were 100% to start. I hit him good for a ton of damage and bounced all his. I knew I had no chance in a brawl, and on ocean no where to run, so I charged and rammed figuring my ship was at enough HP to take it out. NOPE. It lived and I died.
lol.gif
96,300HP + a heal is a lot more than 66,000.
lol.gif

Anyway...

opcwI47.jpg

Xl5Pzr5.jpg

lXeEGhX.jpg

Haven't played much the last 2 days but got in a little time last night. 2 good T7 BB games last night. One in my Colorado and one in Nagato. In the Colorado game I dealt the big blows but others cleaned up for the kills mostly with me only getting one. In the Nagato game it was just 3 of us on the team w/ 5 bots. It was me a CV and an Atlanta. Our bots died in like 30 seconds
lol.gif
but the 3 of us worked together and we pulled it off.

Colorado 129K
KH8yQL6.jpg

7G1WLIq.jpg

jTDegak.jpg

Nagato 124K (forgot the 3rd screen shot again - I was 1st on team)
FKfw4Tx.jpg

zjud3BZ.jpg

Frustrating couple of days with WOWS. Mostly because for some reason Standard Battle and Epicenter modes have been the norm and I detest both. Give me good old Domination mode with the multiple cap points. SO MUCH MORE FUN!!!!

While I actually did pretty well today overall in addition to the game mode issues it was also frustrating because of a trend in BB play that is driving me nuts. That is everyone using HE instead of AP. HE is for DD's and for ships that are bow on to you that you can't overmatch the armor and penetrate. Otherwise use your darn AP people!!!!
mad.gif
The new British BB's have excellent HE and it makes sense to use it at times but other nations aren't the same but everyone is playing like they are. Even the British BB's benefit from using AP. It is just a better BB round.

Had this game in Hood where I LOST (
33.gif
) because our team's Kongo refused to do anything but sit on the edge and snipe with HE while I was in close fighting. Even when I was surrounded by 3 enemy BB's and our badly damaged DD was even in trying to help, and it was just the 3 of us left vs those 3, he refused to come in and draw some of the fire. Just horrible teamwork. To make it worse when the DD and I died he still had a chance. I had both of the enemy BB's left damaged and burning. He was 100% healthy and could have done it if he played right. Instead he FINALLY decides to close in and brawl with the enemy Hood using his HE again and just sailing along broadside and eating huge salvo after huge salvo!!! OMG it was awful. So we ended up losing. It kills me to lose these games that we should have won. Kills me I say...
lol.gif

yIcwS1N.jpg

qpQZ7yW.jpg

jsOifi5.jpg

So after that game I took Hood out again. Once again I went into the thick of it and fought with multiple enemy BB at once, all while dodging torps from planes and the enemy Gneiseanu, then died, while my teammate BB's sat off and wouldn't come in and help/draw some of the fire off me. At least we won that one.
lol.gif

0H1qrLn.jpg

vuvnmyf.jpg

OzQiqPf.jpg

Had my current high score game with North Carolina today. I just wrecked it and put a hurt on everything I saw.
lol.gif
Man I just LOVE the guns on this. These US 406MM's are insanely good. Have been on Colorado and now are on NC. Just awesome. Accurate as all get out and hit like a runaway freight train...
39.gif
My only gripe with them is how long it takes for the shells to get there at range. Man you have to lead the enemy ship halfway across the map.
lol.gif

M62HYBx.jpg

b2q0tz8.jpg

Df6htmL.jpg

Not only did I just reset my high score for North Carolina but I have reset my overall high score in a game as well. Just was smoking in this game. 171K in damage and 3 kills. Not sure how but that was only good for 2nd place!!!
lol.gif
Our Fiji got 4 kills but didn't do the damage I did. Maybe he capped or something??? I was stunned not to be 1st. Don't care though. 171K in a Co-op game is awesome considering there are only 8 enemy ships in total vs 12 or so in Random. I am really, REALLY, liking the NC!

One of these days I will break 200K in damage!!!
lol.gif

obrTWOD.jpg

Myq1kSK.jpg

8rAyrXe.jpg

Holy Cannoli Batman!!! Just had this game...

KJFLquw.jpg

Yup 4 T10's including a Yamato and a Moskva. Now, just where do you think they might have gone on the map when the game started? YUP, right at me.
27.gif
lol.gif

I spawned way off by C with a DD and CL, while everyone else was up at A, so being the team player I am I pushed ahead to support the 2 ships. Sure enough here comes the Yamato, Moskva, Tirpitz, and their DD. The 3 of us held our ground and took out the 4 ships. I actually killed the Tirpitz to end the game. Not a ton of damage done but I was in there fighting( and bouncing a lot of shells. ) Once I got the Moskva broadside I citadeled it and took it out. Got one salvo on the Yamato for 2 citadels and 25K+ of the damage I did to it. That was payback for earlier when it lolpened me right through the bow for about 3/4 of my HP. Dang those 18" guns hit hard!
39.gif

Game went super quick too. Ended as they got down to 0 after I killed the Tirpitz. Funny how these high tier games should result in more damage but I seem to do squat even though I get in there and fight/shoot them same. Just shows how much stronger their armor is at T10 vs T8.

Acquitted myself well I think...

B66wQ8Z.jpg

Uka6EgU.jpg

zZfA1B4.jpg

Fleet Update...

I am shocked at how fast this went. I have already finished the USN T8 BB grind to the T9 BB Iowa!!! I now have a fully upgraded Iowa in port ready to go. This is my 1st T9 ship in the game as well. Quite excited. Only took me 115 games which is about what it was taking to go from T6-T7 BB's. I really do well in the NC and it earns good resources (I do use camo and flags which help but still a good earner). No question I will keep the NC and play it regular. Now on to the Iowa info...

This was an EXPENSIVE ship to research, buy, and fully upgrade. The ship itself, not counting upgraded guns, hulls, module upgrades, etc... was 175,000XP and cost $15,500,000.00!!! The T10 USN BB will be even worse. It absolutely wiped me out in credits and Free XP getting the Iowa and fully upgrading it. I actually forgot the ship has a B and C hull under upgrades and didn't have enough Free XP to get the C hull. Had to play a few Hood games with Free XP flags to get the last 15K Free XP I needed. IT is all done though and as said the Iowa is fully upgraded and ready to go. Haven't played it yet but will post 1st game results when I do. Going to be expensive to play in Co-op so it will probably take a long time for me to get to the USN T10 BB Montana but I will eventually.

Little concerned about Iowa's maneuverability. HUGE turning radius (it is super long) and a very slow rudder shift even with the C Hull and steering upgrade. Going to take a week and a half to turn and dodging torps and islands is going to be interesting to say the least.

Purchased the permanent camo for it and transferred my NC Capt to it so it is now ready for it's maiden voyage. So without further ado, the USN T9 BB Iowa...

Ship: IOWA
Nation: United States (USN)
Tier: 9
Ship Type: Battleship(BB)
Survivability(HP): 79,000 HP
Armor: 6-439MM / 27% Torpedo Damage Reduction
Maximum Speed: 33 knots
Rudder Shift: 15.6 seconds
Turning Radius: 920m
Detection By Sea: 14.1km
Detection By Air: 12.8km

Main Armament: 3X3 406MM ( 2 turrets front/1 rear )
Main Gun Range: 23.3km
Rate Of Fire(ROF)/Reload(RL): 2 shots per min ROF / 30 seconds RL
Shell Dispersion: 261m

Shell Type:
Armor Piercing(AP) = 13,500 damage
High Explosive(HE) = 5700 damage

Secondary Guns:
127MM = 10X2 ( dual purpose )

Secondary Gun Range:
127MM = 7.2km ( dual purpose )

Secondary Gun Rate Of Fire(ROF)/Reload(RL):
127MM = 11.11 shots per min ROF / 5.4 seconds RL ( dual purpose )

Secondary Gun Shell Type:
127MM = High Explosive(HE) ( dual purpose )

Anti Aircraft Defense(AA): ( Assorted caliber and types )
20MM = 32X2
40MM = 19X4
127MM = 10X2 ( dual purpose )

Mounted Modules:
Slot 1 = Main Armaments Modification 1
Slot 2 = AA guns Modification 2
Slot 3 = Artillery Plotting Room Modification 2
Slot 4 = Damage Control System Modification 1
Slot 5 = Steering Gears Modification 2
Slot 6 = Concealment System Modification 1

Camo:
Premium (Permanent) Iowa Type 19
-3% Detectability Range
+4% Enemy Gun Dispersion
-20% Post Battle Service Fee
+100% XP Earned

Captain (13 Points):
1pt = Priority Target (let's you know when you are targeted and by how many)
1pt = Incoming Fire Alert (let's you know when a ship targeting you shoots)
1pt = Preventative Maintenance (helps protect turrets and other modules from damage -30% to the risk)
1pt = Expert Loader * (cuts swapping/reloading between HE and AP shells by 50% if guns already loaded)
2pt = Expert Marksman (reduces the time for turrets turning)
3pt = Basic Fire Training (improvements to secondary guns and AA)
4pt = Advanced Fire Training (improvements to secondary guns and AA)

* I am using this skill just to make use of the extra 1 pt I have. As soon as I get my 14th pt (need 12K Capt XP) I will respec the Capt and remove EL and use that 1 pt along with the 14th to add the 2pt skill Jack Of All Trades which reduces all mounted consumable reload times by -5%.

USN T9 BB Iowa @ Port:
G55NsOz.jpg

ODRIeuG.jpg

Nb1aO3t.jpg

bROrG7Y.jpg

ki9MKFo.jpg

nZvVF5V.jpg

Last edited:
1st game in Iowa complete and it was a very good one. Took me a while to get used to the gun lead as it is even more "floaty" (is that a word?
lol.gif
) than the NC but once I got dialed in I was crushing stuff. 6 Citadels including 3 on the enemy Iowa in one salvo. Only the 1 kill (CV at end)but I did some good damage when I actually hit a ship. 115k or so of that 122k in damage came in the last 6-7 salvos when I finally got the lead right. Going to be a fun ship at least from a gun perspective.

The AA is awesome too. The enemy CV didn't go for me until the end when it was just me and our CV vs it but when it did send it's planes the AA spec'd Iowa just melted the squadrons before they could do anything. Took one bomb from a DB when 3 squadrons attacked at once but it was a slight hit. Not one torpedo plane squadron got closer than 2km before being obliterated. Love that. Of course it was only a T7 CV so higher tier planes will be better and some will get through.

All in all very happy with 1st game. Service fee is scary though. Over 90K. With all kinds of camo and flags I pulled 222K credits for the match but after service fee only netted 130K. Going to have to do well each game or lose major $$$ playing Co-op. Might have to play it sparingly and my other ships that earn good more to build enough credit reserves to play the Iowa more? Time will tell.

1st Game MM:
JXz6Uzh.jpg

1st Game Results:
qsQylXq.jpg

R4Vw3x5.jpg

PPOHYXA.jpg

2nd game in Iowa saw me die but we won so it is okay
lol.gif
. Enemy CL and BB snuck in behind me around an island, as I was already bow on to and fighting another CL and BB. Too much concentrated fire on me so as I was dying I managed to ram an enemy ship and take it out tio help team as much as I could. 3rd game below. Was 100% T9. MM used T9 bots to fill the team. No easy kills there. Did pretty good.

UkWpGuM.jpg

wK8kA0S.jpg

5X3r7Kl.jpg

Last edited:
Took a break from WOWS to do some errands and rest my eyes for a bit. Just came back and played my 5th game in Iowa so far. Man this thing is awesome. Just head towards the enemy and obliterate anything in your path with those amazing guns. Only thing is pray you don't become focused by multiple ships as this thing catches fire like an IJN BB and it takes FOREVER to turn to disengage (almost not worth trying - keep going and ram something). Tough as all get out though and tanks a ton of damage and bounces a lot of shot.

Note I got my 14th Capt pt as mentioned above and have respec'd as I said I would. Just as soon as I pick up 2 more points I am going to respect again and take the 4pt skill Fire Prevention . Man I feel like a chicken at a BBQ in this at times. That's a lot of XP away though to get 2 pts once this high.

The AA is fantastic too. I was so focused in my last game I never really paid attention to the planes shot down until the post battle screen (see below). 45!!!! It's almost like you don't even have to pay attention to the planes. They just get shot down while you concentrate on the main guns. I did manually select some squadrons at the end as I was rushing the enemy CV to end game and it sent everything at me and they never even got close.

Love it so far.

cX9stEl.jpg

ELhEtn6.jpg

R56eXQe.jpg

WOW!!! Look at the damage. Look at the planes shot down (SIXTY FIVE!!!!). Look at the credits. Man I REALLY love this thing. It's only my 6th game in it.
lol.gif

Z2d5PFs.jpg

GCbjBed.jpg

DR0Lfe6.jpg

They just keep rolling along. Averaging over 100K in damage a game so far.
39.gif

Note the TK damage shown in pink to the Fiji happened when I was actually saving him. Had to shoot the enemy Fiji rushing him and a stray round hit the friendly Fiji as the rest took out the enemy one.

jkqBXl1.jpg

AL7U7kV.jpg

rxKRHaE.jpg

Just logged back in to WOWS to play a bit more and had yet another great game with Iowa. Man this ship is fun. Got into a T8-T10 match this time with a T10 USN Montana and a KM G. Kurfurst. Those are 2 of the best ships in the game. Of course our Montana and GK spawned way down the other end and the enemy ones spawned near me. I also got spawned with all bots while they got the only other human on the team. ALWAYS happens to me for some reason? The game was also Epicenter which I detest and to make it worse it was on the worst possible map for epicenter = tears of the desert. Just bad all around
lol.gif

I just sucked it up and moved forward to support the bots. With those 2 T10's though and just me I did not go too far and glad I didn't as our bots died right off and both those BB's targeted me. The Montana absolutely spanked me for 30K in one alvo as I was trying to get turned and angled. That was the last real damage I took though the rest of the game. I did over 60K damage to each of them and sunk them both so I got last laugh
lol.gif
Also took out a wounded enemy CL trying to cap middle with a max range shot.

Was a very good game for me. Taking out both T10 BB's, and doing the majority of the damage to them that they took was great. This was no cleaning up scraps from others.

9fTIrps.jpg

vjxkC7z.jpg

A3QHeg5.jpg

Got 2 friends to sign up for WOWS. One of them is an 80 year old. I was down yesterday and installed the game for him and then spent a bit explaining it and how you play. He wanted me to play a couple games so he could observe. Man what a difference going back to those little T1 Cruisers from where I am in the game now. He was like a little kid as the games went on. It was hilarious.
lol.gif
Whenever I sunk a ship he would cheer and almost leap out of his seat. Have to go back in a few days and sit to coach as he plays. Think I just got an 80 year old addicted to an online navy game.
lol.gif

Been a while since I posted. Haven't played much. Lots to do besides online gaming.
lol.gif

Jumped on this morning for a quick game in Iowa and maybe another ship or 2 before life intrudes on my fun.
lol.gif

Had a really good game despite being royally screwed over by MM yet again. WG'ing really needs to fix how empty slots are filled in Co-op games when there aren't enough humans to do it. They over do it with DD's and it is not uncommon when you only have 1 or 2 humans to end up with 4-6 DD. There are only 8 ships p/ side so 4-6 DD is just WAY too many. Especially when you are in a BB as I always seem to be when it happens.

This morning found myself (Iowa) and a another player (Bismarck) as the only humans on the team. MM gave us one bot CL/CA (New Orleans) and then FIVE freaking DD. That is just insane. Not only is that hard to survive (HE Spam rain + torp soup!!!) but when playing a T9 BB like Iowa in Co-op you need to be able to do a LOT of damage just to break even. Hard to do when a DD only has like 12-14K HP AND hitting them with a BB's guns while trying to stay outside of their torp range. It just isn't fun when that many DD are in game.

But the Bismarck and I soldiered on and pulled it out as we both brawled in our home base with the 2 enemy BB at the end. Well, I was in close brawling while he circled the edge using his 10km+ secondary range but at least he was there and helping not running for the edge like so many. I got both BB's as well as 2 DD in the game. Was a LONG Co-op game as it involved a lot of running and dodging DD's chasing you by both of us until you manage to sink them.

So despite AWFUL, TERRIBLE, and ATROCIOUS MM it turned out to be a good game and a very good haul at the end...

FQinxaW.jpg

sEmS6s1.jpg

NclJ3Tm.jpg

Last edited:
Trying to play my BRN T7 CL Fiji more as I really want to advance and get to the T10 Minotaur. Have to play Cruisers again though to do so and specifically the Fiji. So now playing a few games daily with it. Just had this really good one where I took on the enemy Iowa (about 60-70% health) alone and then sunk the enemy CV to win game. Fiji is a beast!

9ijgR9u.jpg

Ww6fWhc.jpg

xRuTAsA.jpg

Today has been tough. 2 losses so far and I have died a lot. 1 loss in NC and 1 in Iowa. Those losses sure hurt the old win %
lol.gif

Good game in Iowa here though...

2Yqbxwn.jpg

vsU8cxt.jpg

3wBN2ES.jpg

ANOTHER LOSS!!!
mad.gif

I am so irritated it isn't funny as this was needless and I literally came up about 10 seconds short of pulling off an amazing game. Was in my BRN T5 BB Iron Duke. Map was Solomon Islands and it was Domination mode w/ the 3 caps.

At spawn I went for the A cap with 2 CL. I warned them about charging around the end of the island and into the cap blindly like they were doing (swing out wide to avoid torps from ships that detect you but you don't them) but they ignored and rushed in like fools and died. At least they got one of the CL's waiting there to ambush with a lucky dying torp salvo. I went wide and spotted the other enemy CL hugging the island and with one salvo obliterated it (devastating strike on a BRN T5 CL Emerald). Now keep in mind this is only about 2-3 minutes into the game. Right after I sink that CL and am going into the cap to secure it I suddenly hear "the enemy is about to win" message and am like huh???
21.gif

I look up and there are 5 enemy ships left (CV, BB, 3 CL) vs me and our CV. I was like where did everyone go so fast??? I have pulled out games with worse odds before so it was doable if not ideal. So I swung back towards our CV as the enemy CL's were rushing it. One of them was burning and blew up before I could shoot so it was 4 vs 2. easily doable in low tier Co-op. Then our CV QUIT!!!!! I was furious. That is so uncool.

I don't quit though so I played on. I got one of the CL's rushing our afk CV then watched as the enemy CV torp'd ours and sunk it which of course prompted the message I oh so love to hear..."You are our last hope". Great, now all the planes and ships were on me.
lol.gif
I was reloaded right after and hit the enemy CL coming at me for a big chunk. I then dodged it's torps, as well as 2 torp squadrons from the enemy CV, and sunk the CL. Unfortunately, the enemy CV's bomber hit me and set me on fire. I put it right out to conserve HP as no threats were present...or were they? The second I put the fires out the enemy BB arrives.
33.gif
lol.gif

So on towards the enemy Iron Duke. We traded a couple long shots. The enemy's did little to me but I was able to do about 10K to it. Then I held fire and angled, as it wasted a salvo that bounced, allowing me to catch it broadside for a massive blow that took it down to almost nothing. B then we were both burning completely from our secondary guns. It hit me for a little damage then when I was reloaded I took it out. So just me vs the enemy CV.

Not impossible but the odds were long. I was basically back in spawn on the wrong side of the mountains. The enemy had 2 caps and was at 650 points and we had no caps and just 150 points. Our CV did nothing to the enemy CV's plane squadrons so I had to constantly dodge it's planes as I tried to head for it. I actually managed to cap B and dodge 5 of 6 separate 2 squadron torp plane attacks ( took 2 torps for some damage in one attack when I dodged too late) and somehow avoid the bombers (actually shot both those down). When I finally came out onto the other side where the CV was the enemy had 900+ points.

I knew the CV was close as I was detected so I tried my best to run for where the planes were coming from/going to. It popped up and I managed to get a shot at it from my front guns for a minor hit. Then I had to wait for reload AND get swung back around to shoot after dodging those dang torp planes again. I got swung back and had it full broadside to me at about 9km with them at 989 points. It was do or die. Salvo hit for 25K and 3 citadels but it wasn't enough as the ship has 30K HP. All I could do then was watch my long and slow reload fail to finish as the enemy reached 1000 points and we lost. If not for our CV quitting on me we could have won I know it.
smirk.gif
So disgusted I wanted to
37.gif

Anyway, 106K in damage, 4 sunk, and my new Iron Duke high score set in the LOSS! I really hate to lose games we should win.
33.gif
lol.gif

1ZdLqLw.jpg

hPI82Nt.jpg

QMUUVAM.jpg

Back