CK-4 HDEO in Motorcycles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I now have Shell T4 in the CK version in the Chieftain. It feels good and shift quality is good. The engine seems to sound a little quitter, but it might just be psychological. Will run a UOA in a few thousand miles.

Originally Posted By: KevinP64
Funny thing was Honda was touting the use of moly in big letters on their top tier branded oil and that turned out to be a big mistake. Gotta love it.

I thought the Honda oil with Moly was great for engines with dry clutches...you just don't want to use it for wet clutches?

But I am just going from memory...don't take that to the bank.

Originally Posted By: ArcticDriver
Originally Posted By: KevinP64
Funny thing was Honda was touting the use of moly in big letters on their top tier branded oil and that turned out to be a big mistake. Gotta love it.

I thought the Honda oil with Moly was great for engines with dry clutches...you just don't want to use it for wet clutches?

But I am just going from memory...don't take that to the bank.

Yes the moly was bad for wet clutches which are the norm for metrics now. Hilarious, as I recall the bottle had an image of a GW on the bottle. I never used the stuff or their lower tier either. Of course, 3-4 yrs after this became known the local Honda shop still had it on the shelf for sale.

Originally Posted By: Spur
Well I now have Shell T4 in the CK version in the Chieftain. It feels good and shift quality is good. The engine seems to sound a little quitter, but it might just be psychological. Will run a UOA in a few thousand miles.

I bet the UOA will be just fine. I would have more choices but the 2yr unlimited mile warranty is not something to sneeze at and from my subjective experience I want to run 20-50 which makes it problematic.

BUMP

I have been running the new Rotella T4 (CK version of now retired Rotella T triple protection) in my 2003 Honda CBR600RR for a few oil changes in a row now, and I am digging this oil. Bike runs smoothly and the clutch grabs strong, which is to be expected from Rotella T dino oil. I have heard mixed results from the synthetic T6. Unless you are somewhere it gets cold I would stick with the thicker 15-40 of T4. Also, T4 is cheap! [censored], at $14 a gallon I go ahead and change it every 2k miles or so.

Anyway, if you liked Rotella T3 aka Triple Protection, you will love the new and improved T4!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back