Any German car fans use this oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would I want to? Is it easy to purchase? How much does it cost?

Marketing mambo-jumbo aside, it appears to only be a synthetic blend.

I'm currently using an ACEA A3/B4 rated full synthetic 10w-40 that's easy to find and not too expensive when on sale. If this Mannol blend is superior, I'd like to know more about it.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Why would I want to?

To reuse your word from another thread... I can't believe what comes up sometimes. To think you would go out of your way to chase down such an oil when superb A3/B4 oils exist at Walmart for next to nothing.

And besides... "Corresponds with requirements / specifications " and "Meets the requirements and specifications"

Another load of, well, that stuff.

Originally Posted By: Kamele0N
Originally Posted By: Dyusik
With a high MG add pack TBN 8.4 is more than plenty.

Yeah...but ACEA A3/B4 shoud be at 10...if it is up to date!!!

But it's Nano Technology!

I don't like that they introduced arbitrary limits to ACEA specs where before it was results that counted. Besides that, ACEA specs do leave a large gap for full saps oils below 10 TBN. Remember that more detergency inhibits the AW chemistry from coating the surface.

Nano technology has nothing to do with robots, but there are tons of research papers about nano particle distribution in oil, and reduced wear results.

Originally Posted By: Jetronic
Nano technology has nothing to do with robots, but there are tons of research papers about nano particle distribution in oil, and reduced wear results.

That's certainly true, but is there more "nano technology" to this oil than there are in other competing, main line lubricants, or is this more about marketing than technology?

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
For me, it's junk, just meets MB 229.3 and not even officially. 229.5 is a tougher spec than 229.3

You'll be hard pressed to find any 10w40 meeting MB 229.5.No fuel economy saving with a 10w40.

MANNOL is unknown ans unseen on shelfes here in Germany.

AFAIK the company is manufacturing the oil in Lituania (Belarus) and the SCT trade company, the german headquarters, plays the marketing game "German Quality". Correct me if i am wrong.

The Top of the line product claimes to contain Ester; a VOA on the german Oil forum reveals that this oil dont contian ester, its "100% marketing" according to one of the oil experts from the german forum. Its a HC oil with a little bit of PAO.

http://oil-club.de/index.php?thread/114-mannol-legend-ester-0w-40/&postID=184#post184

Translate it with Google.

So, its your choice. Personally i stay away from this brand.

If i want a german made oil, i buy Liqui Moly, Rowe, Ravenol and even Eurolub and use it with confidence without hesitation.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ChristianReske
MANNOL is unknown ans unseen on shelfes here in Germany.

AFAIK the company is manufacturing the oil in Lituania (Belarus) and the SCT trade company, the german headquarters, plays the marketing game "German Quality". Correct me if i am wrong.

The Top of the line product claimes to contain Ester; a VOA on the german Oil forum reveals that this oil dont contian ester, its "100% marketing" according to one of the oil experts from the german forum. Its a HC oil with a little bit of PAO.

http://oil-club.de/index.php?thread/114-mannol-legend-ester-0w-40/&postID=184#post184

Translate it with Google.

So, its your choice. Personally i stay away from this brand.

If i want a german made oil, i buy Liqui Moly, Rowe, Ravenol and even Eurolub and use it with confidence without hesitation.

It is unknown brand, but one thing about marketing. Worst marketing: Liqui Moly. They are beating to death Made in Germany thing.
I used it in some of my cars, and can say that any oil made in Slovenia, Croatia or Bosnia proved better in my cars. I have no idea what is in LM, but when it comes to consumption of oil, they are at the top
smile.gif

What i liked most about Liqui Molys Synthoil 5w-40 (Fully synthetik, Group IV) in both cars where i used it was the extremly low oil consumption.
I only had to top of with 0,3 Liters / 10.000 Km.

Expirience, engines and driving conditions differ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back