$12.46 a quart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the kindly reply. I have trucks and power equipment that I use for my Business that have outlasted my competitors equipment by decades. When I go to job sites I always get comments like "I haven't seen one of those in years" or " I can't believe that is still running" etc. Guys will come up to me and ask me "when are you going to get rid of that truck and get something better - something new", then two of three years later they are driving another new truck because they ran their truck into the ground. And then they talk about how no one knows how to make anything that lasts. The more I take care of my equipment the more my equipment works for me and puts money in my pocket. And, just because something is cheap, like my old Cavalier, does not mean that it cannot last and run correctly with proper care.

Originally Posted By: Kuato
Originally Posted By: Solarent
I agree.

Plus there will be a psychological pricing trick where someone will wonder "why is this so much more than regular Mobil 1" and another person will say "well with this one you only have to change your oil once a year" and then someone will read their owners manual which says annual oil changes are acceptable for warranty and BAM! all of the sudden you are paying way more for your oil than you thought you would and Mobil has successfully "raised the value" of their product on the shelf which will allow the prices of the rest of their products creep up.

Retailers like Walmart do this all the time. Put something up to distract you like "New Everyday Low Price" meanwhile prices are creeping up all over the store on other items. Then the products that were higher priced get put on "Rollback" while the old everyday low price products get moved upwards. It's a never ending shell game.

The price we pay has nothing to do with the cost of manufacture, it has everything to do with the perceived value of the product. This is how pricing psychology works and they get us every time.

Well said !

That's spot on, however I don't think it applies to 99.9% of the people who frequent WMT. If the price doesn't come down I'd be willing to bet the product flops big time at WMT.

Originally Posted By: xtell
Thank you for the kindly reply. I have trucks and power equipment that I use for my Business that have outlasted my competitors equipment by decades. When I go to job sites I always get comments like "I haven't seen one of those in years" or " I can't believe that is still running" etc. Guys will come up to me and ask me "when are you going to get rid of that truck and get something better - something new", then two of three years later they are driving another new truck because they ran their truck into the ground. And then they talk about how no one knows how to make anything that lasts. The more I take care of my equipment the more my equipment works for me and puts money in my pocket. And, just because something is cheap, like my old Cavalier, does not mean that it cannot last and run correctly with proper care.

thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back