What is an Intelligent Molecule? Idiot Marketing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno, Mrs. MolaKule has reserved comment on whether or not there are actually Intelligent MolaKule's as well.
grin2.gif

Last edited:
I believe that intellegent molicules exist - especially the Magnatec ones that cling better to metal ... Thew relative new term is the "sticky factor" .

Aren't we all just made of molecules? Calling humans intelligent does kind of sound like marketing hype when you think about it though.

Originally Posted By: drseth
Advertising for motor oil in the USA is so full of hype and misinformation that it insults most people's intelligence. From what little I recall from Chemistry class, molecules are nonliving entities, incapable of intelligence, but then a motor oil is advertised as having intelligent molecules? Is it just me, or others insulted by this stupid claim.

Anthropomorphic marketing has been used for decades and is nothing new. It's not just limited to motor oil. One would be wise to take any advertising with a larger or smaller grain of salt.

Quote:
I also see that a motor oil has titanium in it, like it has some useful purpose other than being used in jewelry. I haven't delved into it any further to see what titanium in oil is supposed to improve the product, but I am already crossing it off my buy list.

"I don't understand it, and I don't care to try to understand it, so I am just going to ignore it." LOL! Interesting train of thought.

But for others who may be interested:
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S101836391600012X

Originally Posted By: DBMaster
This kind of stuff has been marketing-speak forever. Remember these guys?

What happens if you spill some oil with intelligent molecules in your sink, and send the Scrubbing Bubbles after them? Will a war erupt?
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
I dunno, Mrs. MolaKule has reserved comment on whether or not there are actually Intelligent MolaKule's as well.
grin2.gif

It is so amazing that the women would all agree they married idiots. But then again my BIL is an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back