Great Western?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The gunsmith called me yesterday and said he can have the gun functional again for about $100. I will have it repaired, but unfortunately he said to have the nickel plating removed and the original finish restored could cost up to $500. That's probably more than the gun is worth, so I'll just leave it like it is. Being able to shoot it is the main thing...

Unless there is a lot of pitting, I bet you can get it done for much less than 500 bucks. APW charges around 300 bucks to strip and re nickel handguns in a brushed finish as an example.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Robenstein
Unless there is a lot of pitting, I bet you can get it done for much less than 500 bucks. APW charges around 300 bucks to strip and re nickel handguns in a brushed finish as an example.

I don't even want it replated. It wasn't plated originally, I think it just came with a "blued" finish...I'd just like to have it reconditioned to the original finish...and there isn't any pitting that I can see...

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
Well they (APW) charge 60 to strip the nickel and 195 to reblue it, so it is even a little cheaper to get it done that way.

Who or what is APW?

Originally Posted By: grampi
Who or what is APW?

To me, trying to figure out all of these abbreviations is far more annoying than it would be to see profanity without a filter.

Originally Posted By: billt460
Who or what is APW?

To me, trying to figure out all of these abbreviations is far more annoying than it would be to see profanity without a filter.

As a federal employee and a retired vet I'm used to acronyms...the government is full of them!

I emailed APW and they responded. They said $320 to strip plating and re-blue...

I emailed APW and they responded. They said $320 to strip plating and re-blue...

Well that is certainly still cheaper than 500 as your one gunsmith quoted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back