goin' old school...duty sized steel .38 spl wheelie!

after a hard decision to sell off multiple poppers (ar-15 & all my 9mm's; associated ammo, mags, accessories) to put $$$ toward an upcoming eye surgery, I kept a snub .38 spl wheelie, micro .380, and semiauto 22lr rifle;

came across a really affordable duty sized 38 spl wheelie...clean used '22 vintage taurus 82s for a pittance over $200 for home defense; shot it a bit with 130gr & 158gr ball and a few rounds each of defense stuff...sinterfire special duty 110gr frangible hp, remington 110gr sjhp +p, federal punch 120gr jhp +p;

I feel it is a good affordable piece for HD that doesn't break me financially; had leftover hks speed loaders from a previous revolver that work great; also have bianchi speed strips as a reload option...

I know a version of the highly touted 158gr lswchp +p load would work great but I'm sticking with stuff on hand...federal punch moreso than the other 2 (sinterfire & remington)

Hard decisions are hard, good on you for doing what needs to be done

I have become a fan of the revolver. Carrying a J-Frame more often than not now

May I ask how you liquidated your stuff? I've got way too much .45, extra mags, holsters etc.

after a hard decision to sell off multiple poppers (ar-15 & all my 9mm's; associated ammo, mags, accessories) to put $$$ toward an upcoming eye surgery, I kept a snub .38 spl wheelie, micro .380, and semiauto 22lr rifle;

came across a really affordable duty sized 38 spl wheelie...clean used '22 vintage taurus 82s for a pittance over $200 for home defense; shot it a bit with 130gr & 158gr ball and a few rounds each of defense stuff...sinterfire special duty 110gr frangible hp, remington 110gr sjhp +p, federal punch 120gr jhp +p;

I feel it is a good affordable piece for HD that doesn't break me financially; had leftover hks speed loaders from a previous revolver that work great; also have bianchi speed strips as a reload option...

I know a version of the highly touted 158gr lswchp +p load would work great but I'm sticking with stuff on hand...federal punch moreso than the other 2 (sinterfire & remington)
Did you have you surgury, and therefore in the gun market again.?

Hard decisions are hard, good on you for doing what needs to be done

I have become a fan of the revolver. Carrying a J-Frame more often than not now

May I ask how you liquidated your stuff? I've got way too much .45, extra mags, holsters etc.
sold to friend & acquaintances 'lock, stock, and barrel'

Back