10 cents a bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't aldi give you the quarter back when you return the cart to the corrall?

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Doesn't aldi give you the quarter back when you return the cart to the corrall?

Yep,they do.

I can definitely see the logic behind putting down that small "deposit" on a shopping cart. You have no idea how often I see people stealing shopping carts from the grocery stores around here. HEB's shopping carts have this electronic device which locks up the wheels if you try to push them out of the parameter of their parking lot,which is an excellent idea.

I dont care what kind of bags they provide, but if im buying groceries from you and getting my business you better put them in bags. Paper, plastic, re-usable, I dont care put them in bags. Unfortunately we are paying 5 cents a bag everywhere some places up to a dollar since they only provide re-usable. I am aware that biodegradable bags exist or use paper? Not sure why the big companies dont invest in a sustainable alternative. I believe they should be responsible for giving me the means of leaving their stores with the items i purchased.

The dummies in Austin TX did a bag ban for all stores also. So all the people bring in their dirty germy cloth bags. I think its disgusting.

Give me a real plastic bag.

So now, they put in a provision for "emergency use" you an pay $1 to have your groceries bagged with a reusable plastic bag which is huge and way more plastic than the original free bags.

I refuse to grocery shop in Austin, and if I find myself there I buy the plastic bag for $1 every time.

I bought my first paper bag today. It says "Safeway" on it and it comes complete with handles.
smile.gif

I figure I'm gonna need a matching store bag for each store I go to. Gonna have to keep an inventory of them in the trunk. The store people frown on me if I bring a bag into the store with a different store name on the bag.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
I bought my first paper bag today. It says "Safeway" on it and it comes complete with handles.
smile.gif

I figure I'm gonna need a matching store bag for each store I go to. Gonna have to keep an inventory of them in the trunk. The store people frown on me if I bring a bag into the store with a different store name on the bag.

Let your wife do the grocery shopping and not worry about having 7 different brand bags in your trunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back