Wow , talk about a brain fart ...

About 3 weeks ago I came out of a grocery store and a young Oriental couple was trying to open thoors on my 2016 Honda CR-V. From where I was I could see the license plate and I was sure that it was my vehicle. I calmly said to both of them," I don't think you're going to be able to open the doors on my car." They both looked embarrassed and realized that they had the wrong vehicle. They call me walked two rows over to their vehicle which was parked and pointing in the same direction as mine was and about the same length of the distance down the Isles of parked cars but in a different row. Their vehicle was identical to mine in every way. After I finish loading my groceries I turned around and they were both sitting in their vehicle getting ready to back out of their parking spot and I waved to them and they wave back.

In high school I locked the keys in my Dads D100. A friend said we should try the key to his dads Dodge and see if it worked. I thought he was stupid and said as much until we tried the key, and it worked.

It’s the only time I ever locked my keys in my car.
My family always had Dodge and Plymouth vehicles in the 60's thru early 80's. My 2 sons restored , traded and drag raced them. We probably had 20-30 cars during that time. We had a box that we kept extra keys in. It was surprising how often we could find ones that worked in different vehicles.

I was reading about some crummy motel out in the high desert somewhere out west.... Apparently all the keys worked for all the rooms. This went on for years and supposedly very few if any guests ever complained or even noticed.
That was a Rodeway Inn - they're a chain, ... I have stayed in one in White's City, NM (just outside Carlsbad Caverns)... it could easily be called the bedbug inn...
the ONLY reason we stayed there is it's JUST outside the park, and pretty much the only lodging within 30 mi of the park... most people stay in the City of Carlsbad, which is about 30 mi from the park.

but the one you're referring to, they apparently had just been coding all the key cards to the "master" key card that housekeeping uses...

Back