New Quaker State High Mileage Jugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same price. But no longer Defy branded.

1104161829.jpg

1104161830.jpg

First they switch the formula to meet SN specs. Then they ditch the Defy name. Just another "me too" high mileage product.

Colorful jugs of oil are like lures in your tackle box,,,you know, what will the fish bite on today..

High Mileage Oil,,,,what does it mean to you? 50k, 100k, 200k, 300k. I still have expeditors friends running Super Tech Wally oil and they have not had any trouble,,some of these guys are at 500k on gas engines,,,go figure.....remember the fishing luresssssssssssssssssss......

Although the new jugs are an improvement over the old ones because they have a better fitting cap there is still no inner seal for freshness like most of the other oil companies use.. I would like to see PQIA do their oil testing on the Pennzoil and Quaker State oils again just to see if their formula has changed in any way good or bad.

They claim it's exactly the same oil.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
Although the new jugs are an improvement over the old ones because they have a better fitting cap there is still no inner seal for freshness like most of the other oil companies use.. I would like to see PQIA do their oil testing on the Pennzoil and Quaker State oils again just to see if their formula has changed in any way good or bad.

Saw this, and the new Pennzoil bottles at my local Wally World just the other day.

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
Colorful jugs of oil are like lures in your tackle box,,,you know, what will the fish bite on today..

High Mileage Oil,,,,what does it mean to you? 50k, 100k, 200k, 300k. I still have expeditors friends running Super Tech Wally oil and they have not had any trouble,,some of these guys are at 500k on gas engines,,,go figure.....remember the fishing luresssssssssssssssssss......

206800 miles I put in Supertech synthetic oil. Plain gray bottle. Seems to do the trick. I don't plan on running anything different in my Jeep. And if I don't end up catching a good deal on oil for the Focus, it's also going to end up with Supertech synthetic.

Originally Posted By: SEMI_287
Same price. But no longer Defy branded.

1104161829.jpg

1104161830.jpg

Hi SEMI_287 - Thank you for your interest in Quaker State! As you've noticed, Quaker State has simplified the look of its entire product portfolio of reliable motor oils to be sold in all-green, quality packaging. However, the product inside the bottle has not changed.

Starting November 1, 2016, the motor oil that has helped keep your engine running strong is now moving towards all-green product packaging.

In addition to being green, the new Quaker State bottles feature:

--An improved heavy duty cap for easier opening
--Optimized ergonomics for easy pouring and handling
--Clear product tiering across the entire portfolio with color-coded caps and labels
--Prominent placement of viscosity grades to aid in navigation

To streamline the consumer shopping experience, Quaker State has added a product comparison chart to the back labels of the new multi-quart bottles to make it easy to select the right Quaker State motor oil for your vehicle. We've included a cheat sheet below that may help you with your shopping experience:

Please feel free to send us a private message with any additional questions you may have.

Best,

The Quaker State Team

I'll take Miller88's stance on this. Plane Jane ole ST Synthetic for me and no hassle and no rebates
smile.gif

Those QS jugs are stupid looking; guess SOPUS was bored and decided to screw with stuff. No thank you

Figured they would change the Defy in time...people as usual used it in the wrong cars I guess.

I would assume they went to green for all because one of those three is not like the others, and will be going away in the near future.....

Such reports are nice to see, but remember PQIA's mandate. They are there to ensure that motor oils and the like are properly labelled and at least nominally meet the standards they claim. I don't think we've even seen a warning on QSGB or PYB since the PQIA starting doing what they do. So, is there any real concern that QSGB or PYB don't meet SN/GF-5? If there's no such concern, there's no need for them to do testing, at least no more than occasional spot testing, and they have already gone above and beyond.

PQIA can test them once in a while as a matter of fairness, but Shell hardly needs to be babysat to ensure they know how to blend an SN/GF-5 oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back