Quaker State 5w40 euro $16 walmart in store

My local walmart was closing out 5w40 Euro oils, I picked some Quaker State 5w40 full synthetic $16 for 5 qt Jugs. Valvoline full Synthetic 5w40 was $21.
I got Valvoline online for the $21, but in store was more last I checked. I will definitely check on the QS as it is great oil.

$16 is an amazing deal for 5 quarts. What do you guys run it in? I use it in my motorcycles that spec a 10/40.
I use it in my Nissan Maxima with VQ35DE.
5w40 euro is not for motorcycles usually as it has friction modifiers which do not work with the wet clutches. In my bike I run Rotella which has JASO spec (wet clutch compatible)

Huh? I checked my supply and its 0/40 Pennzoil Ultra and Ultra Platinum for"SRT" engines rated SN. I got 40 some quarts off of Craigslist for $2 each. Does the SN have the friction modifiers?

You mean the wet clutch, right? where can I find the information on what the oil ratings mean? I thought a 40 weight didn't have the modifiers?

$16 is an amazing deal for 5 quarts. What do you guys run it in? I use it in my motorcycles that spec a 10/40.
BMWs that require or can use LL01 approval. But I'm now using Pennzoil 5w-30 Euro L with LL04 BMW approval for $14 per jug. (recuring Amazon deal a couple months back)

I will check my local walmart too, in case they are doing the same discount. Thanks!

PS:
For mid-age car that initially require API GF-4, is it ok to use Euro oil?

My WM had that closeout as well as others. Looks like they're doing some inventory closeouts nationally.

Rotella T5, $15 a gallon
Valvoline Synthetic 75w-140, $9.50 a quart (pouch)
Valvoline Blend High Mileage, 10-30, $34 garage box (12 qt)
Mobil 1 HM 5w-30, $41 garage box (12 qt)

There were the deals that stood out to me. I may have cleaned them out on T5 and 75w-140, as those were things on my upcoming maintenance list.

So are they getting rid of it again, they like introduced it at the end of 2020, and then didn't have any space for it on the planagram so they clearanced it off, I've used it in my 4.2L 2008 Trailblazer last year, I still have a few jugs and some individual quarts, I paid $7 for the jugs and $1.5/qt when they got rid of it at stores the first time in July 2021,
1708219829026.jpg

So are they getting rid of it again, they like introduced it at the end of 2020, and then didn't have any space for it on the planagram so they clearanced it off, I've used it in my 4.2L 2008 Trailblazer last year, I still have a few jugs and some individual quarts, I paid $7 for the jugs and $1.5/qt when they got rid of it at stores the first time in July 2021,View attachment 204168

I still have 5 jugs left from the first clearance also, most of it SN plus. I quit stashing oil for the most part but this stuff is too good to pass up.

I need to get some of the GTL based Ultimate Protection too! 😛

I just made a Walmart run, the Euro 5w40 quarts were on clearance for 4 bucks the jugs were still full price. I needed quarts for the 6th quart anyway so I got some of those.

Valvoline Euro 5w40 was on clearance for 21 but it was SN. Mobil boxes 0w40 were 41, also SN.

I gotta stop reading this forum. . . Why are all the oils I usually use going on sale lately??? I already bought a bunch of stuff, and now this. . . I need a sponsor! And I need someone to explain to my wife why we have all this oil in the garage. . . :)
Harbor Freight gotta run me some more shelves 😭
I'm out of space
My backyard shed could give OPEC a run for its money 😲

Back