Walmart Quaker-State-Ultimate-Protection

Full Synthetic was here at least one year prior to the 20k stuff.
If I were buying QS, it would only be the 20k stuff and I'd still only run it for 3k.
Darn these soft metallurgy HyunKia four cylinder engines of 2011-2020. They're really subpar for wear and need increased OCIs.

I really don't want to call our 2.0 junk. But behind it's back, I certainly will.
My wife won't part with that 2.0 j..k. So I'm forced to try Amsoil SS / Euro and eventually HPL Performance Plus oils, to get more miles out of her (you-know-what.....).

Full Synthetic was here at least one year prior to the 20k stuff.
If I were buying QS, it would only be the 20k stuff and I'd still only run it for 3k.
Darn these soft metallurgy HyunKia four cylinder engines of 2011-2020. They're really subpar for wear and need increased OCIs.

I really don't want to call our 2.0 junk. But behind it's back, I certainly will.
My wife won't part with that 2.0 j..k. So I'm forced to try Amsoil SS / Euro and eventually HPL Performance Plus oils, to get more miles out of her (you-know-what.....).
My brother in law had a 2.0 sonata from like 14 or 15. After 75k miles the engine seized even with regular ocis. They replaced it for him under warranty

Funny you bring this up, OP. I just did the Subscribe & Save with Amazon for QSFS (not EP) for 2 jugs at $21 ea. every 6 months in 5w30. Thanks for the heads up.

Jonny
The oil filter lines that ran from the pump generally got clogged by that mileage you listed. The problem didn't get fixed until 2016 and no longer could HyunKia Inc blame the vehicle owners for using high trap oil filters.

Those darn 2.0s (thru 2020) are still having issues. One morning my wife's Soul sounds like her newspaper Dad's old typewriter and the next morning it sounds like her mother's old sewing machine.....lol

I laugh because she bought that Kia with money passed down from her parent when they died. So the money didn't come from my blood, sweat and tears selling / delivering beer for 30 years.

Last edited:
Back