New bottle shell rotella t6 5w-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good. Nice Moly, nice zinc - what's not to like
smile.gif

Thank you for posting this, much appreciated!

I don't believe this is the new CK-4, but does anyone know if the new CK-4 will be JASO MA? This is my preferred oil for my ATV.

Originally Posted By: Phishin
Nothing spectacular on the VOA. A bit boring.

What would have made it spectacular?

Originally Posted By: deven

Could use more Boron and Moly to match other leaders like PP, M1, Castrol, etc.

The magnesium is heavy and easily exceeds the M1 20 and 30 grades. I guess Rotella is the leader in Magnesium % now that Castrol shifted away from it.

Originally Posted By: 69GTX
Originally Posted By: deven

Could use more Boron and Moly to match other leaders like PP, M1, Castrol, etc.

The magnesium is heavy and easily exceeds the M1 20 and 30 grades. I guess Rotella is the leader in Magnesium % now that Castrol shifted away from it.

There is more to motor oil than just high amounts of additives. I think there is a good balance in this oil and has higher amount of ZDDP which is where it matters to have a higher amount of additives.

Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
Looks good. Nice Moly, nice zinc - what's not to like
smile.gif

I was curious, people over on nasioc were all concerned.i had a test laying around and needed some fresh oil in one of my boxer motors.

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
I Appreciate the contribution but save your $$$$$$$ next time. Thanks!

Maybe you should save your comments ? ever think of that ?

If people are generous enough to share a VOA that they paid for there personal use and are kind enough to share I for one very much appreciate this information.

I don't know you but can only assume that there is some jealously that you can't test your oils VOA to match that with an UOA so you would actually know what going on in your engine and not trolling message boards !
BOOM

Looks like about 200 ppm less P and about 100 ppm less Zn, compared to a T6 VOA on here from a year or two ago.

It's actually less of a change than I thought it would be...just a slight reduction in Zn and P down to 'SL' levels of around 1000ppm; instead of about 1300 ppm.

In an age of lower SA levels, still a strong oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back