Mobil EP Filter Ok for Skyactiv?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this filter ok to use instead of the OEM Mazda oil filter? Thanks

If M1 makes one for your application then, YES! But, there are other filters too that many members with chime in and recommend!

You can cross reference you OEM filter on most manufacturers webs sites. When you find out what will fit your model, you can use whatever you choose. M1 is a good filter, but pricy compared to say a Fram Ultra.

If by ok you mean Mobil 1 EP has a spec application for Skyactive and thus covered by a M1 EP filter warranty, then yes. The M1-108 is the spec filter listed on the M1 Parts catalog for your model.

As for filter itself, M1 EP filters generally well respected synblend media filter and with an extended life profile.

Using those criteria, should be ok.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
I thought some Mazda engines were very 'sensitive" to non OEM filters ?

That's why I'm asking I heard that too.

I have a M1 filter. I guess I'll use it. Thanks

From a Mazda forum:

"For the SkyActiv application, there is a specific bypass valve opening pressure for required flow. This is VERY important for the SkyActiv engines (unlike the old MZR). Therefore the Toyo Roko OEM filter is HIGHLY recommended. Also the filter is renown for superior filtration and build quality. Something very hard to replicate. Fortunately the Mobil M1-108 and M1-110 meet the pressure and quality requirements (after contacting Mobil). I believe Wix is also updating their design to meet the requirements, but for now I am sticking with OEM or the M1-108."

I have run many on skyactiv engine M1 RP K&N and Mazda OEM cut all and build quality of Mazda is A+ doing 5K oil change with M1 I stick with mazda for about 6 bucks a filter and it is the largest of the bunch.

Be careful. My wife has a 13 Mazda 3 2.0 Skyactiv. The M1 website referenced filter number M-102. It did not fit. It takes an M-108. I contacted M1 via their website about this, but have not heard back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back