FVP oil filter Good or bad ??

I am looking for a replacement for my Mazda filter, the OEM filter does not have an anti-back drain (full flow) and the choice of replacement is limited 2 choices FVP R7002 or Wix 57002 The FVP filter is much cheaper but I don't know its quality (translation by google)

Mazda cx-5 2024

I would avoid them, pretty sure its been posted a few times here of them having subpar quality and media tear. They're dirt cheap at RockAuto probably for a reason. FVP is just any other no-name brand with a lot of nice marketing.

I haven't used them but this guy seems to like them.

When the guy is puzzled by the Fram ADBV (not even knowing it's more pliable because it's silicone and not nitrile) he lost some "creds". Oh look ... a spring, lol. And he doesn't initially recognize the FVP bypasss flat spring design. Anyway, the FVP bypass valve looks like the flat spring design that Purolator built filters use. So it could be made by Purolator, or some manufactuer ripped-off that flat spring design.

My OEM Mazda filter seems special because it does not have an anti-back drain, it is of the full-flow type, this type of filter seems rarer and the choice of purchase too, I have seen that several manufacturers offer a replacement filter but have an anti-back drain? he tells me that I can use them without problem!! I think I will continue with the Mazda filter even if it is more expensive it seems of good quality (translation by google)

I have a hunch the FVP filters are made by Wix. At least some of them, anyway. Here are screenshots of the filter specs for the FVP and Wix filters for Honda applications. They are eerily similar...

Screenshot_20240301_210004.jpg

Screenshot_20240301_210329.jpg

I have a hunch the FVP filters are made by Wix. At least some of them, anyway. Here are screenshots of the filter specs for the FVP and Wix filters for Honda applications. They are eerily similar...

View attachment 206201
View attachment 206202
Oh yes it comes together a lot actually possible that it is built by the same machine, a lot in the videos don't like the Fram I used these filters for years on my Chevy V8 (267-305-350) without problem it's curious (translation by google)

THANK YOU
Always entertaining to see cut open filter comparisons. The guy doesn't quite understand how the pieces function and cannot provide a credible analysis. At least he’s curious and he tried.
The FVP does look purolator like. It looks fine. I like the ST design the best.
I’d choose the st or fram because shipping from rock auto makes the others cost about the same anyway.

Back