Toyota 90118-WBA40 always a Mazda filter?

I’ve been trying to source a cheaper way to get Mazda 1WPE 14 302 filters for a regular 2.5 skyactive.

Amazon, dealers, always seem to be around $15 per filter unless buying 10. Not that I won’t use 10, but I realized Toyota / Scion is a Mazda, and google / Toyota parts online look like their Yaris and Scion filter for a certain model is just a Mazda filter with a Toyota label on it.

Does anyone know if this Is this always the case? If so, it’s alot cheaper to get the Toyota Mazda filter.

IMG_9031.jpg

I have bought mine from the Mazda dealer, either in-person or online. Been under $10 each that way.

Using this Toyota cheat will probably work fine too. Nothing wrong with it.

Get the Full from Napa, also made by Siam Filter, which makes just about every oil filter from Thailand, OE or aftermarket. It's about half the price :)

If it's the one without the ADBV, then get the 2-OMD007
If it's the one with the ADBV, then get the 2-OMD002

Their Altrom Ultra-8 filter is Nippon filter. Other good choices:
Mahle OC340
Beck/Arnley
Denso

FWIW, Mazda changed the part number to PE01-14-302

Last edited:
I have bought mine from the Mazda dealer, either in-person or online. Been under $10 each that way.

Using this Toyota cheat will probably work fine too. Nothing wrong with it.
I used to. Had this car since 2018, all my filters have been from the selling dealers parts counter because they sold me on a “lifetime loaner car and maintenance plan” where I can refrain from their maintenance, but instead use that $ for parts every 6 months. That equated to $70 to spend every 6 months. I set a reminder in my phone and visited them every 6 months to stock up on overpriced oil and air filters, trans fluid and one bottle of coolant over the last few years.

Someone they decided now that I’ve exhausted my “lifetime” benefits and will only honor it if I bring my car in for service.

I fought and thought about enlisting the help of consumer protection or something but ultimately have given up. They told me to prove what i paid for in some formal writing, so I searched all my sales paperwork and it’s not there. I told them it was for sure on the finance desk as a promotional piece, it took up the whole desk top like a calendar. I said pull up your old advertisements. They know **** well it was the deal, it has been the deal at this family of dealers since the early 2000s!

Anyway, now I basically do my best to avoid going there. Just ticked me off so bad. And there’s not really another convenient shop around so I’m trying to resort to mail order.

Get the Full from Napa, also made by Siam Filter, which makes just about every oil filter from Thailand, OE or aftermarket. It's about half the price :)

If it's the one without the ADBV, then get the 2-OMD007
If it's the one with the ADBV, then get the 2-OMD002

Their Altrom Ultra-8 filter is Nippon filter. Other good choices:
Mahle OC340
Beck/Arnley
Denso

FWIW, Mazda changed the part number to PE01-14-302
What’s the “full”

And idk if I have adbv or any of that…I know I’ve read Mazda filters are pretty top notch so I’ve just stuck with them.

Last one I ordered off Amazon from a dealer storefront, seems legit. I ordered one before I ordered any quantity, but now ran across this Toyota deal and might have to try to exploit it.

My guess is Mazda uses a Denso made filter with Mazda written on it and Toyota uses the same Denso filter with Toyota written on it.
I think they’re actually Tokyo Roki.

I’m not claiming to know much about oil filters, I just read Mazdas are really good oil filters somewhere along the line and have been trying to stick with them.

I think they’re actually Tokyo Roki.

I’m not claiming to know much about oil filters, I just read Mazdas are really good oil filters somewhere along the line and have been trying to stick with them.
The filters made in Japan are marked as such, but the filters made in Thailand just have Mazda and the filter part number.

I don’t blame you for looking for alternate sources.

The filters made in Japan are marked as such, but the filters made in Thailand just have Mazda and the filter part number.

I don’t blame you for looking for alternate sources.
Do you think that a Mazda vs Mazda value line difference?

What’s the “full”

And idk if I have adbv or any of that…I know I’ve read Mazda filters are pretty top notch so I’ve just stuck with them.

Last one I ordered off Amazon from a dealer storefront, seems legit. I ordered one before I ordered any quantity, but now ran across this Toyota deal and might have to try to exploit it.

Full is the brand name of the filter :)

Click on this

Do you think that a Mazda vs Mazda value line difference?
I prefer the regular Mazda filters made in Thailand and Japan.

I have installed an MV, and it seemed to be a clone of the Wix 57002. Not necessarily a bad thing, but I just prefer the construction of the regular, non-MV oil filters.

Back