Paintless dent removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
As silly as it sounds, unless you have a really nice car, having a dent or two isn't a big deal. It's inevitable anyway, and once you have one, you won't stress over getting that first ding anymore. But out local Hyundai/Kia dealers have an independent PDR guy, does an amazing job. Call your dealer and inquire, as they may well work with a reputable indy shop.

Yes I've had excellent results with it. I was traveling on the interstate going 75 and the semi next to me had a large chunk of ice/snow come flying off and hit the hood of my 2011 F150, it hit nice on the "mini" hood cowl looking grooves on the top of the hood. Dent it up really good right on the crease. $240 worth of PDR and the hook looked as good as new. I couldn't believe they were able to get the dents out of the points on the sides of the cowls.

Check out a couple of higher end dealers in your area and ask who they use. I work by them daily and they are awesome.

Originally Posted By: dja4260
It's something that I'll always see as I walk to the drivers side door. Anywhere else and I could live with it.

You sound like me... my sympathies. I always think it'll be better after the first one... but it isn't... I also realize it is impossible to keep a car perfect nor should I even try... but I can't help it... I still obsess about the door dings, rock chips etc.

My attitude towards my vehicle changed when:

The first time I had to deal with RUST in an unusual spot.
On the roof at the back of door.
I got out the metal scrapper & Rust-o-leum.

Good bye Clear Coat.

It's like waking up in the morning and saying,
"I'm not as young as I use to be".

I have had great results with PDR. Cheaper and faster than traditional bodywork and paint repairs and doesn't break the OEM paint...it's a win/win all around.

Auto body shops in my area use indy contractors all the time for these services. Good friend I work with is a sgt on midnights. He went to "dent" school and this is his "B" job. If the guy has skills it works out great without having to paint.

This thread is especially timely for me, and the experiences related here so far are very encouraging.

After we had our recent ice-storm, I had to chip some particularly thick and intrusive ice off our month-old RAV4. While doing so, I managed to make a few small dents in the roof just above the right rear passenger door. This was crushingly dismaying, to say the least. The dents only became noticeable yesterday, during a warm spell after the rest of the ice finally melted off.

I'm going to call the dealer tomorrow and ask who they use for PDR. I'd LOVE to be able to get rid of the evidence of my carelessness.

Originally Posted By: Klutch9
As silly as it sounds, unless you have a really nice car, having a dent or two isn't a big deal. It's inevitable anyway, and once you have one, you won't stress over getting that first ding anymore. But out local Hyundai/Kia dealers have an independent PDR guy, does an amazing job. Call your dealer and inquire, as they may well work with a reputable indy shop.

Funny that I have four cars, ranging from 10-30 years old without a single dent.

The newer cars don't either, but that is more expected.

It is possible if you avoid slobs and disrespectful people.

I did buy a car once that had a few door dents, and got it done at a reputable auto body shop ($) do it - looked flawless and there was no damage of any kind on the paint. I was really impressed.

I used the Dent Wizard a few times, these clods in parking lots ding doors. Even if you park half a mile away with no car in sight they will still park next to you.

The guy I use comes to me and does it right here, you cant tell where it was done. He did a 3 inch dent on the door of the black Yukon and even on black it was perfect in any light. I forget where it was now.

My old K car has no dents.I credit that to wide bodyside moldings and a near flat bodyside profile.Things you dont see nowadays.

I have a paintless dent guy right in my area that does a great job of removing dents that don't have chipped paint. Ask people around your area about who does a good job of removing dents. The cost is considerably less than what a body shop charges to remove dents

Great PDR results with Dent Eliminators here in the Detroit Metro area. Wife's Grand Cherokee had a half-dollar size dent that was fixed perfectly for $50. No paint touch-up required. Taking my Crossfire there this Spring.

I use those guys all the time.

I closed the aircraft hangar door on top of my Jaguar!, it crushed the roof in. I punched the roof back into shape and drove home, very angry with myself.

Anyway, the "drunk" dent wizard guy said he could fix it!!! $400 later, the roof looked really good. I've got to admit that drunk guy was the best I've ever seen. By the time he was done with my car, he was sober and doing phenomenal work.

I used another guy, and he was a hack. The "dings" he removed all have little dents where he pushed them out. He was careless, annoying and charged too much for such a poor job.

Other guys have been "good enough".

Originally Posted By: Tegger
After we had our recent ice-storm, I had to chip some particularly thick and intrusive ice off our month-old RAV4. While doing so, I managed to make a few small dents in the roof just above the right rear passenger door.

I called the dealer and they don't do PDR themselves, but they do have a guy they use with whom they have had great success. Unfortunately he is closed until the 6th, so I'll have to wait until then.

The Service Adviser at the dealership did say that sometimes the PDR guy needs to get at the backside of the affected panel, which will be impossible in this case on account of the location of the dents; therefore I might be out of luck. Will update this thread once I have a resolution.

Originally Posted By: dja4260
Well made it 15 months without a dent. Today I noticed a small ding on the drivers side fender.

Anyone have experience with paintless dent removal?

Good stuff. The repair guys just push out the dent from the inside.

I had an 87 Chevy Celebrity. The wife and I went to see a movie. When we got back to the car the drivers side had a huge crease dent in it. A regular toilet plunger fixed it perfectly.
My 07 F150 had a small dent below the rail cap near the tail light. I went to AAP and bought one of those dent pullers where you apply the small suction cup with glue, attatch a bridge bar, and crank it until it pulls the dent out. It worked great! And, you can't even see where it was dented.
thumbsup2.gif

Had paintless dent repair done on the Trans Am and the Bonneville that I had. They did an awesome job. I used a local guy. 150 dollars per dent. Worth every penny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back