[Cut Open] FRAM XG3506 Ultra GM 5.3 ~ 5700 Mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter

If they didn't use metal end caps it would just be another "BLAH" OCOD. It would then have to join the other FRAM filters for their best use; target practice!
crackmeup2.gif

Guess they would have to paint it orange too. You got an FU waiting to go on your Ford?

FU + PU = FUPU.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

If they didn't use metal end caps it would just be another "BLAH" OCOD. It would then have to join the other FRAM filters for their best use; target practice!
crackmeup2.gif

Guess they would have to paint it orange too. You got an FU waiting to go on your Ford?

FU + PU = FUPU.
lol.gif

Z06, I am currently using PU and a P1, which I will probably change at 8K miles. By then I should be able to afford a FU to use with some MS5K.
thumbsup2.gif

Z06, that was a joke. Humor, ARK ARK!
grin.gif

I guess, couldn't really tell. But is has been discussed here a number of times. Don't tell me you don't know why the Ultra has metal end caps ...
whistle.gif

Everyone knows that answer. After failing with the cardboard end caps on all of their other filters they finally got it right on the FU with the metal end caps.
lol.gif

Every time I read this kind of absurdity it reminds me that some peoples minds are so closed that they've shut off their ability to learn anything new.
No matter what kind of evidence that gets posted proving that engineered fibre end caps aren't failing someone feels the need to ignore it and post why all those engines using these type of filters have failed.
Too bad there aren't any failures.
Some folks choose to ignore the obvious. I guess when money is no object and a person can afford to pay more they will.
I don't have any engine failures running filters out past 10000 miles and every engine I've got is high mileage. I suppose I can expect them all to dissolve any time now.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Z06, that was a joke. Humor, ARK ARK!
grin.gif

I guess, couldn't really tell. But is has been discussed here a number of times. Don't tell me you don't know why the Ultra has metal end caps ...
whistle.gif

Everyone knows that answer. After failing with the cardboard end caps on all of their other filters they finally got it right on the FU with the metal end caps.
lol.gif

Every time I read this kind of absurdity it reminds me that some peoples minds are so closed that they've shut off their ability to learn anything new.
No matter what kind of evidence that gets posted proving that engineered fibre end caps aren't failing someone feels the need to ignore it and post why all those engines using these type of filters have failed.
Too bad there aren't any failures.
Some folks choose to ignore the obvious. I guess when money is no object and a person can afford to pay more they will.
I don't have any engine failures running filters out past 10000 miles and every engine I've got is high mileage. I suppose I can expect them all to dissolve any time now.

I have nothing against the OCOD. I think their bright orange paint stands out great at 100 yards when sighting in a scoped rifle.
grin.gif

[/quote]
crackmeup2.gif
[/quote]

stolen from one of my earlier posts about an STP filter. Next time, think of something more original
Steve

Originally Posted By: steve20

crackmeup2.gif
[/quote]

stolen from one of my earlier posts about an STP filter. Next time, think of something more original
Steve [/quote]
I have no clue as to what you are talking about. Can you post said post I supposedly stole from you?
06.gif

That filter looks very good and a little better that my PureONE #10241 that I cut open a few weeks ago which had over 10K miles on it.

But the FRAM only looks better in terms of the pleats and how thick and straight they are. Where my PuroONE had thinner media(to the eye) and more pleats. The P1 pleats were wavey looking and not straight like the FRAM.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
That filter looks very good and a little better that my PureONE #10241 that I cut open a few weeks ago which had over 10K miles on it.

But the FRAM only looks better in terms of the pleats and how thick and straight they are. Where my PuroONE had thinner media(to the eye) and more pleats. The P1 pleats were wavey looking and not straight like the FRAM.

Not very good comparisons as the Fram is full synthetic, which results in the appearance and design differences. Better comparison would be a PureOne and a Tough Guard, or the Puro full syn as opposed to the Ultra.

The Fram "XG" (ie, Ultra) is in the full synthetic media category. And as KCJeep said, you can't really directly compare full synthetic to cellulose media. Two different animals. Full synthetic has way more depth which makes the pleats "large and fuzzy" looking, and therefore also way more holding capacity.

I really do love that filter. It has everything a dream filter should have IMO. Silicon ADBV, metal screen backing of the media, solid center tube, nice touch on the rubber seal for the leaf spring and *always* comes out looking like a runway model
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back