Mobil1 0w40 for Fiat 500 Abarth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth. It's almost time for first oil change @ 5k miles. I know Fiat recommended oil weight/brand is 5w-40 Pennziol Ultra. Since i use M1 for ever cars in the garage, can i use 0w-40 M1 instead? Thx!

Yes, go for it. Just make sure it meets the required specs in the owners manual for warranty purposes.

welcome2.gif

I have had my eye on the Abarth since last year. I was going to buy one last summer, but the dealer wouldn't budge on price. Well this summer, the two local Fiat dealers have 29 Abarth's in stock. I guess the demand has peaked. One of the dealers have all their Abarths $2500 off MSRP. The only problem is , they all have Moonroof and Beats. The two things I don't want. The moonroof takes up too much head room, and I don't like moonroofs that open up on top of the roof. Then the Beats sub woofer takes too much of the already tiny hatch space.

Back to the subject. The Mobil 1 0W-40 spec sheet doesn't show it meets Chrysler's MS-10896 spec. It does meet Fiat's 9.55535-N2. (Qualification for lubricants with a very good characteristics for turbocharged engines, Diesel and gasoline, with extended drain. Minimum requirement is ACEA A3/B4-04)

I say go for it.

I know a guy locally that has a red Abarth(my car's twin)that uses M1,so far no problem reported from him. I guess the only issue
maybe with warranty later.

By the way. I paid 22k out the door for my Abarth. Only option is 17' wheels.

I remember the fiasco Fiat had when they entered the US market some years ago. Build quality was just a little better than what the Yugo was and I believe the Yugo was a Fiat cast off. Wouldn't want anything made by Chrysler and/or Fiat.

Chrysler and Mobil seem to be on not so friendly terms and I don't see Mobil seeking any of their approvals however the oil you want to use is among the best available to any consumer so I seriously doubt any oil related problems will arise if you use it,so have at 'er.
As far as owning a Chrysler I was among that crowd,thought Chrysler was building junk,hemi tick etc until I acquired that hemi ram last winter. I now see them in a better light.
Their pentastar has some teething issues that seemed to be resolved now and the hemi,well its not a coyote but its certainly proving to be a very reliable engine and can run into extremely high mileage with just basic maintenance.
So yes Chrysler is just like every other automaker in that they have had problems but crossing them off a potential purchase list will be someone else's gain.

Originally Posted By: Finklejag

One of the dealers have all their Abarths $2500 off MSRP. The only problem is , they all have Moonroof and Beats. The two things I don't want. The moonroof takes up too much head room, and I don't like moonroofs that open up on top of the roof. Then the Beats sub woofer takes too much of the already tiny hatch space.

I have my eye on a black Abarth equipped exactly the way I want it(Comfort and Convenience Group, 17" wheels, red leather seats, Beats audio). No hole in the roof or navigation. $3100 off MSRP and 0% interest for 36 months. I am very tempted.

Back to the subject. The Mobil 1 0W-40 spec sheet doesn't show it meets Chrysler's MS-10896 spec. It does meet Fiat's 9.55535-N2. (Qualification for lubricants with a very good characteristics for turbocharged engines, Diesel and gasoline, with extended drain. Minimum requirement is ACEA A3/B4-04)

I say go for it.

I e-mailed Mobil asking which Mobil 1 oil(if any) I should use; here is their reply:

The Mobil 1 0W40 would be the recommended product for your application.

Originally Posted By: MCompact

One of the dealers have all their Abarths $2500 off MSRP. The only problem is , they all have Moonroof and Beats. The two things I don't want. The moonroof takes up too much head room, and I don't like moonroofs that open up on top of the roof. Then the Beats sub woofer takes too much of the already tiny hatch space.

I have my eye on a black Abarth equipped exactly the way I want it(Comfort and Convenience Group, 17" wheels, red leather seats, Beats audio). No hole in the roof or navigation. $3100 off MSRP and 0% interest for 36 months. I am very tempted.

I say go for it.

I e-mailed Mobil asking which Mobil 1 oil(if any) I should use; here is their reply:

The Mobil 1 0W40 would be the recommended product for your application.

FIAT has typical European engine, and therefore, you can use heavier oils! M1 0W40, GC, PU 5W40 will work great in that engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back