CX-5 0-60

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took me a bit longer than I would normall, I wanted to let it break in a bit first. The first part of this run was a bit uphill. And that sound as I let off the brake is the stuff I had in the back sliding and hitting the back of the car lol. In straightline acceleration, it's definitely not what I'd call fast, but then none of my car have been, and it's more than sufficient for what I need it for. Especially since I've been averaging 28mpg, I'm not complaining at all.

For those who don't know, mine is AWD, which raises the curb weight to 3,425lb, and the engine is a 2.0L Undersquare with a 13:1 compression ratio, VVT, and Direct Injection.

Last edited:
1332 miles?
whistle.gif

And the point of wasting that gas was? We know acceleration rates from the auto mags...

Treat your car nicely, it will last better that way :p

Originally Posted By: BearZDefect
So, how many seconds from zero to 60? No flash player here.

13 seconds as far as I can make out from the video. I am not sure if Nick wanted everybody to know that :)

Last edited:
Your point of this post is? I could do the same thing with my 6 year old Hyundai, my wife's 6 year old Subaru, and my 13 year old pickup if I were stupid enough to drive them in that manner while videotaping the dashboard.

Thankfully, I've never been dumb enough to do either of those items.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Your point of this post is? I could do the same thing with my 6 year old Hyundai, my wife's 6 year old Subaru, and my 13 year old pickup if I were stupid enough to drive them in that manner while videotaping the dashboard.

Thankfully, I've never been dumb enough to do either of those items.

Once again I ask that if you have nothing constructive to say, gtho of my threads. Also because some people like to see thevshift points, see how the transmission shifts, and so on. Maybe you should get off your highhorse and do something about that superiority complex you have.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Nick R
No, foot on brake, floor it, release brake.

Does it have traction control? I expect that without traction control, most modern cars will burn rubber if you do this. Or is the AWD full time?

Does it have traction control? I expect that without traction control, most modern cars will burn rubber if you do this. Or is the AWD full time?

It does have traction control but it also does have full time AWD, so there isn't any wheelspin.

Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
Slow, my 20 year old diesel MB would take it. 10.4 seconds to 60, 300k miles.

Yup, it's definitely not fast, but then it doesn't need to be. It has enough get up and go, but it also goes around corners like nobodies business, has a smooth and comfortable highway ride, room for 4 people comfortably, and gets 28mpg combined city/highway and about 31/32 pure highway.

It does have traction control but it also does have full time AWD, so there isn't any wheelspin.

I think you will find come winter time that there WILL be wheel spin in the front when the back axle comes on line.

I've only been in three brands that had NO spin in "normal" FWD type vehicles;

Subaru, Audi and Mercedes.

Bill

Originally Posted By: Vikas
13 seconds as far as I can make out from the video.

Looks more like 11 seconds to me since there was nothing happening during the first two seconds of the video. Not great, but fast enough to not be a roadblock, IMO.

Went out to pick up the take-out tonight and drove the GF's AWD CX-5 same as Nick's. Had a opportunity to get on it up to 45 MPH quickly pulling out ahead of oncoming traffic, it is by no means fast, but has good pickup without getting very deep into the throttle. The key to quick acceleration is to keep it in 1st as long as possible, as under light throttle it shifts in 2nd very quickly.

Accidentally pulled out in front of a car a few days ago, and it had already shifted to 3rd and a quick poke at the go pedal and it downshifted instantly to 2nd and a situation was averted.

Overall we are very happy with our purchase. It is such a quiet and solid vehicle that you feel like you are driving a vehicle of a much higher price.

Last edited:
The law states that one shall not make 0-60 videos if the time is less than 8 seconds...

smile.gif
j/k - but yeah, it's sloooow - BUT like someone said, it's not meant to be fast, so... waste of gas though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back