here comes another stupid quesion, mobil 1 smell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed this in my car and the previous one too. The oil goes in smelling like synthetics do I guess, non Dino, however it comes out used smelling like regular dino. I am wondering is mobil 1 really truely 100% synthetic, why does it come out smelling like regular dino juice. ( I know smells dont probably matter, however I am just curious)

lol.gif

All used oil will take on a "petroleum" smell. That's from exposure to the combustion gasses. I think it smells like fuel not oil though. Try not to smell too much
burnout.gif

yup, everybody will smell like curry when you dip them in a tub of curry, no matter who the people are.... same goes for oils

Ok, now that you mention it, kinda does smell gassy. Smell solved, and FYI I dont sit around smelling oil, Well at least not often
pat.gif
gr_eek2.gif

Sniff, sniff, snifffffffffff, ahhhhhhhhhhh....wa,,waaaa waaaaaa waaaaaa

Watch what you sniff you may end up with adverse reactions.

I'm running M1 10w-30 in my Craftsman/Honda lawn mower. I like the way the exhaust smells immediately after start up. There's like a little puff of synthetic smell.

Hehe....you should try sniffing some Auto-RX sometime -- almost like Crown Royal whiskey!

Maybe that's why I like....err, my *engine* likes the stuff so much!

we've seen oil sniffers. any oil tasters? come on, I know your out there. does group 4 taste better than group 3 syn ??
grin.gif
lol.gif

I'm thinking about marketing my own brand of designer motor oils that are spiked with the latest top colognes and perfumes coming out of New York, Paris, and London. I think having the motor oil smell wonderful and seductive will be a huge selling point and I'd expect to make a fortune with this innovative product.
wink.gif

guilty of tasting.... because the car was losing antifreeze, and a previous uoa said positive for glycol. The G-05 I use is extremely bitter flavoured, and I figured I could taste if any had leaked into the oil. Taste test was negative, then I washed my mouth out with soap.

I know someone that for some reason likes to taste the oil to "test" it. Not sure what the **** he's looking for when tasting it but I keep telling him he's just asking for some sort of cancer.

I prefer my friend's way of testing how good an oil is...

He dips his two fingers into the bottle, and rub the oil between those two fingers...

"see...Redline oil feels more slippery than your Mobil 1....it's going inside my engine"

Thank *** he didn't do the same for K&Y jelly..hehe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back