QS Shortage?

So my vehicles are due for oil changes, and I been using QS for many years and my vehicles currently have QS All Mileage, however I decided to make the switch to full synthetic, more specifically QS Full Synthetic High Mileage.

So I go into Walmart and look for the QS and it is out of stock, the guy at Walmart said they are having issues with their supplier. So I ended up going into another town today for other reasons and stopped at the Walmart there and they were also mostly out of QS both in high mileage and regular full synthetic and completely out of 5w30.

So I decided to do something I didn't think I would ever do and purchased Mobil 1 High Mileage since that always seems to be in stock, going to give it a run and see how it does and possibly continue to run it if all goes well.

Anyways is anyone else experiencing QS shortages?, seems to have just started right as this new "Ultimate Durability" came out so I am beginning to wonder if they are going to drop the regular full synthetic line especially since the price difference is so minimal compared to the ultimate durability.
Also , try going to WM for motor oil the early to middle of the week (like Tues. to Thur. ) ... A lot of DIY guys empty WM shelves of preferred oil later in the week as they plan their oil changes for the week end .

If you have a Menards near you, go there.

For whatever reason QS has a huge percentage of the shelf space at Menards' oil section. Much more than any other big box chain or auto parts store.

You can check a store's inventory online (menards dot com) before making the trip.

I've probably ordered over 20 5qt jugs over the years from Amazon and Walmart. Never had a leak or other issue to worry about. Not discounting others who have had a negative experience, however.

I figure worst case I have to return an item to the store. Basically the same process as buying at brick-and-mortar to begin with.
I believe you can only return to the store if it is sold and shipped by Walmart?

Anyways Mobil 1 Full Synthetic High Mileage 5w30 is in, engine is very quiet so far and unless my mind is playing games it seems more quiet than the QS All Mileage that was in it, probably just normal going from a synthetic blend to a full synthetic.

Unless something starts seeming out of the ordinary I might run the Mobil 1 next oil change again and then send off a sample to Blackstone after that, reason being because some Quakerstate is still in the system from the oil cooler, etc that might skew the results.

Back