QS Shortage?

So my vehicles are due for oil changes, and I been using QS for many years and my vehicles currently have QS All Mileage, however I decided to make the switch to full synthetic, more specifically QS Full Synthetic High Mileage.

So I go into Walmart and look for the QS and it is out of stock, the guy at Walmart said they are having issues with their supplier. So I ended up going into another town today for other reasons and stopped at the Walmart there and they were also mostly out of QS both in high mileage and regular full synthetic and completely out of 5w30.

So I decided to do something I didn't think I would ever do and purchased Mobil 1 High Mileage since that always seems to be in stock, going to give it a run and see how it does and possibly continue to run it if all goes well.

Anyways is anyone else experiencing QS shortages?, seems to have just started right as this new "Ultimate Durability" came out so I am beginning to wonder if they are going to drop the regular full synthetic line especially since the price difference is so minimal compared to the ultimate durability.

I was able to add eight five-quart containers to my online cart before I was informed that was the maximum allowed order.
It looks more like a Walmart distribution issue than a shortage of QS product.

In this day in time buy oil early when it is in stock before you need it . Or be a oil hoarder like me and have many filters and oil changes on hand.
That is probably going to be the case for me, unless I end up liking the Mobil 1 because that stuff is never out of stock here. I certainly do need to stock up on oil filters, I bought the last Microgard select in stock for my Toyota at O'reilly's and 2nd to last for my Chevy.

I wonder why? Nuthin' to it!
Thieves in the area, and I prefer to keep my card details offline as much as possible, and I don't have to deal with the hassle of shipping problems, damage, incorrect oil, etc which happens then having to go through the whole return process.

Just not my cup of tea.

Currently out of town, but the Walmart on Merritt Island in FL had almost nothing but QS on the shelf.

Thieves in the area, and I prefer to keep my card details offline as much as possible, and I don't have to deal with the hassle of shipping problems, damage, incorrect oil, etc which happens then having to go through the whole return process.

Just not my cup of tea.
Twice I had tp deal with damaged leaking 5 qt jugs. They sent new ones out but would not do anything about the oil stains.
Once they sent the wrong Fram oil filter.

Twice I had tp deal with damaged leaking 5 qt jugs. They sent new ones out but would not do anything about the oil stains.
Once they sent the wrong Fram oil filter.
Yea it is not something I want to deal with, everyone has a preference. Some love online shopping, some only use it when absolutely necessary. Unfortunately it just becomes a hassle when it goes wrong.

Many times I ordered stuff online it has been lost, delivered to the wrong house, or was sent the wrong item so I avoid it.

I've probably ordered over 20 5qt jugs over the years from Amazon and Walmart. Never had a leak or other issue to worry about. Not discounting others who have had a negative experience, however.

I figure worst case I have to return an item to the store. Basically the same process as buying at brick-and-mortar to begin with.

I've probably ordered over 20 5qt jugs over the years from Amazon and Walmart. Never had a leak or other issue to worry about. Not discounting others who have had a negative experience, however.

I figure worst case I have to return an item to the store. Basically the same process as buying at brick-and-mortar to begin with.
My experience is probably an outlier in statsitics speak. I service friends' and family's cars, so I do about 10 oil changes per year.
I buy a little oil at Costco and Walmart in person but the bulk is Walmart and Amazon on line. I have never had a problem with Amazon. The Walmart problems did make me mad. Still mad... What's a poor boy to do?

Back