Motorcraft 5w20 Synthetic Blend Base Oil Research

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if it kills the Yaris real fast, then I can post how 5w-20 is "death by lighter fluid lube" and if it runs good I'll get good fuel mileage and post that it runs good. A veritable Win/Win for me
wink.gif
5w-20 should be an inherently more stable oil than 5w-30: More oil, less vii shearing/deposits.
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
No need to apologize. A company does have to #1 be viable to employ someone in the 1st place. Me, out of work since January. Was at a startup developing automotive* and military parts. Got a dog in the fight.
- Onto the 5w-20. Can the MCSS be run under warranty in my 08 yaris 1.5 1nzfe stick car? I dont understand the TSB, seems conflicted, says to absolutely use what's printed on the oil fill cap, then it gives a list of approved engines (including 1nzfe) for 5w-20 GF4 as Genuine Toyota Motor Oil.

* YPR attitide sensor, tire pressure sensors and airbag G-load sensors.

Ford does well compared to the others, but Ford is in very deep debt and it is going to be a long time before that is worked out. Mazda 6 platform and I believe the powertrain are the same re. the Fusion and Milan. Motorcraft blend is a great $ value. You can get it both ways Kendall black bottle or Motorcraft red bottle. thanks for the time re. your info etc. I must have been absent the time they covered the HBO stuff you mentioned. Could you please explain a wee bit more. Ford buying Mazda was a great move. Govt. Motors buying Hummer is an example why they are so lame. Mazda has I believe supplied the new 2.5 motor.Mazda 6 is as great a buy as the Fusion and Milan.

Kendal, Trop Artic, Conoco, and Union 76 synthetic blend oils look to be different and not as good as the Motorcraft according to data sheets. All are made by Conoco Phillips though.

I read an article once that referred to the different lubricant markets. Essentially, it is more costly to manufacturer 5w20 so profit margins are far less than with the other weights. Because these other markets lack the economies of scale/CAFE mandate that exist in the North American market, oil manufacturers choose not to produce it. Therefore, an automaker is forced to recommend what is available in that market.

I would like to see a Analysis on something that has had a load and built some heat. I haven't seen one on a triton yet using the 5-20. I personally run 5-30 in my 07, but might go for a 5-20 to get a blackstone on the 5-20 comparing to 5-30 with 5k intervals. I can't see a Fit being too hard on oil

Originally Posted By: DieselTech
I would like to see a Analysis on something that has had a load and built some heat. I haven't seen one on a triton yet using the 5-20. I personally run 5-30 in my 07, but might go for a 5-20 to get a blackstone on the 5-20 comparing to 5-30 with 5k intervals. I can't see a Fit being too hard on oil

I will have a Toromont UOA of M1 5w20 being used in my parent's Expedition. It towed two tandem U-Haul trailers 1,528Km each, for this OCI, which was ~7,000Km.

Awesome can't wait to see it!!

Neither can I! LOL, thing has been gone for like two weeks now
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Kendal, Trop Artic, Conoco, and Union 76 synthetic blend oils look to be different and not as good as the Motorcraft according to data sheets. All are made by Conoco Phillips though.

That is very interesting....

Yea, the Motorcraft oils have a listed pour point of -44F, but the others are only in the low 30s. That to me indicates more synthetic base stocks in the Motorcraft. The Motorcraft 10w-30, according to the data sheet, passes the SAE 5w test with a listed CCS of 5,900 cP @ -30C.

Originally Posted By: buster
Just 7,000 km?

It was making noise. There is a thread here on what happened. It now has M1 0w40 in it.

I can't see a Fit being too hard on oil

I'd suggest it depends on WHO'S in the wheel house
33.gif

My car never goes over 3k rpms and never WOT.
On what I'd call an ABUSIVE Day, I may exceed 50% throttle, but never over 70%
yet I see kids beat the pee out of that little engine all the time.......

Originally Posted By: quick_16

33.gif

They don't make any power...

Originally Posted By: Ben99GT
Originally Posted By: quick_16

33.gif

They don't make any power...

HAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAH

The Kendall GT-1 synthetic blend 5w-20,5w-30 and 10w-30 are all listed as having -44f pour points. Kendall Ultimate Full Synthetic 5w-30 & 10w-30 is listed as having a pour point of
-33f.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back