ZZ TOP Bassist Dusty Hill passes away

ZZ-Top-KOH.jpg

I am very sad and shocked to hear about this. I grew up listening to the early ZZ records. I liked Eliminator a lot too. I was just listening to their greatest hits album Rancho Texicano in the car today. Another legend and a big part of my youth and musical heritage is gone. Just can't believe it.

RIP Dusty Hill. You will be missed.

With ZZ Top being one of my favorite bands, I always told my wife and kids that seeing them in concert was on my bucket list. My daughter surprised me got me tickets to see them at the Pinwood Bowl in Lincoln, Nebraska a few years ago. Now getting tickets at Pinewood Bowl is risky because it's an outdoor concert and the show goes on...no matter what. The concert was in August and anything can happen in Nebraska in August, including rain or temperatures in the triple digits. It just so happened that weather was in the lower 80s, no wind and it was perfect.
She was logged into Ticketmaster the very second they started selling tickets. If you look close at the ticket, you will see she got me a seat in row 1. All I got to say is that the concert was awesome!

Attachments

• zz1.JPG
    zz1.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 11
They were awesome in Back To The Future Part 3. ZZ Top is Al's the longest running American band without changing musicians.

RIP Dusty. Seen them a few times over the years, the last of which was with both of my brothers right before my older brother passed. It was an awesome and memorable show.

RIP

I had Tres Hombres on 8 track... wore the tape out riding around in the Dodge...

Saw them most recently on their 50th Anniversary tour in Tallahassee, 2019 (not my video)

It was a life changing event, the day I went to the record store and purchased Tres Hombres. Note for note, one of the greatest ever rock albums.

Deep cut favs...
--"I Need You Tonight."
--"Koko Blue."
--"Sheik."
--"Brown Sugar."
--"Enjoy and Get It On."

BITOG Special...
"Manic Mechanic."
We got a few here.

Back