Zaino recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russel,
I have tried Duragloss long before I tried any Zaino stuff, it is a quality line for sure. They are very different (Zaino has a stronger surface and DG is an oily type surface) and I definitely prefer Zaino, but if I didn't want to spend the money I sure would buy DG again. For over the counter stuff the only thing I like better than DG is Mothers reflections.

Still a Zaino fan too. As long as the finish is in great shape. I wasn't too impressed with how the ZPC handled some minor spider-webbing swirls. Z5-Pro covered them for the most part til seen under florescent lighting or the right angle under natural sunlight. Broke out the PC7424 and the Menzerna stuff and took care of the swirls. I use the Zaino Z2-Pro and Z6/8 on my garage queen but the daily drivers usually get the conmpliment of Menz products (Final Polish II, FTG, and FMJ) Durability is just slightly less than the Z stuff but they are subjected to more abuse. As long as I use some HGAS after washing, I get about 5 months til I have to do another detail. Now the only Zaino product that gets exclusive use is the Z16. Never used anything else that has made the tires look as good.

I recently gave the new Zaino system a try and I wish I would have found this stuff earlier. The stuff is amazing, my car looks better than ever and it's been a few weeks. I used Z2Pro and Z5Pro with ZFX and was blown away. I used ZPC first as a paint cleanser and got all the dried on bugs and tar off. then washed again before using Z5Pro first then Z2pro.

I just used the z8 spray sealant after washing today and the car's paint is slick *** ****, I had to tell someone
smile.gif
. And if this wasn't enough the Z16 is a great tire dressing. No wonder all the forums are a buzz with this stuff! And to make it fun everything smells like a fruit salad, Z5Pro-grape, z2Pro-cherry, ZPC-melon, Z16 tire- bubble gum, z8-umm some kind of fruit but can't put my finger on it, trust me it smells great.

I am putting my klasse away since they changed they aren't as good anymore. I get no durabilty from klasse, and I'm hoping Zaino will be durable. It already appears so as a couple weeks have gone by and the car has tight little beads on it. Anyway, cool stuff if you have the money, my order was just over 100 bucks. Well worth it in my opinion, good protection that's fun to use!!!
fruit.gif

Interesting. I have always heard that the newest Zaino products are great.

In terms of comparison, has anyone tried the Duragloss system, specifically their bonding agent and the new 105 Total Protection Polish. I just tried it last weekend. It seems really great (very high gloss/reflectivity and slickness) and sounds a lot like Zaino in concept.

It cost about $18 for both products and should be available at Napa or Carquest.

Sammy, thanks for the comparison. I also used Mothers' Reflections and topper. I found it looked good id not last very long. Now given the Duraagloss product has only been on my car a week with only a light showere and no washing, I cannot say about durability. Zaino is on my short list to try next.

My Name is Howard, I too have a Zaino addiction. (background-Welcome we love you Howard)LOL. Seriously, Zaino is the BEST stuff out there and they recently got better. The new Z2 pro is amazing. I put one coat on beginning of spring and it still beads VERY well. Honestly nothing can come close to the longevity and deep gloss. Well worth the 100.00 because if you use it right it lasts a very long time.

Today I received my restocking shipment:

Z2PRO - 3 bottles
Z5PRO - 3 bottles
Z8 - 3 bottles

Plus applicator pads and decals.

Do I like Zaino? Yeah, it's decent stuff.....

I see the Zaino online store has a space for a "Discount Code".

Any one have a code that will work?

I'm getting ready to place another Zaino order - one of my many X-mas gifts that I asked for. The one thing that I like about Zaino is that it can be applied in direct sunlight. Not having a garage, this is important for me.

Quote:

As long as the finish is in great shape. I wasn't too impressed with how the ZPC handled some minor spider-webbing swirls. Z5-Pro covered them for the most part til seen under florescent lighting or the right angle under natural sunlight.

Yes, and that is truly the key to getting a beautiful shine from a car!! If you use really good technique when properly machine polishing a vehicle, the finish will look stunning before you even wax it!!! (of course, it won't be protected, so you will obviously need to apply a wax or sealant) Merely filling in swirls and very fine scratches is not my idea of a proper detailing and nothing that can be simply wiped on and wiped off will get rid of them, not even Zaino. Not even 137 (or whatever) coats of the stuff.

My results with Zaino were not any more impressive than any other high end wax. For the price I think it over rated. Harder to use than most products.

The old Zaino was lack luster but the new Zaino's "pro line" products are very good, and Z is cheaper than high end waxes. The best part of Zaino is not only their new deep wet looking sealants but their leather care products z9&10, finishing compound ZPC, their tire dressing z16, and their detailing (spray & sealants) z6 and z8. Until now zfx is the only product that you could use with a sealant that allowes you to CURE two or more coats at once. The best part of the new sealants is that they look like a wax but last like a sealant. If I had a nice car I would only use a handful of products out there and Zaino is by far top of the list.

I've read that two new Zaino products to be released soon.

One is a AIO (all in one) product that should clean the surface, fill/polish, and leave protection all in one step. No ZFX or anything like that, just one step. (Similar to Klasse AIO, JW, or ColorX)

The second is a sealent(Zaino Clear Seal (CS))
that can be applied over any surface or any product that doesn't have to be wiped off. Just wo/wa (wipe on, walk away) for added protection.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back