YouTube - I'm out...

If you’re watching videos you don’t need to pay anything. A 5s ad really isn’t much to watch a video free.

I had to boycott Amazon music for a while when it went from a decent free perk to almost useless. Now that it allows some downloading and custom “all access” playlists, I’m using it again.
Indeed I put up with it on the TV

As much as I dislike Google spying and such, yes I enjoy YouTube on the TV, when I am home I get an hour or so nearly everyday of some educational video - ok gold mining and refining can be educational!

That said Adblocker Ultimate has not missed a beat on this PC.

If you’re watching videos you don’t need to pay anything. A 5s ad really isn’t much to watch a video free.

I had to boycott Amazon music for a while when it went from a decent free perk to almost useless. Now that it allows some downloading and custom “all access” playlists, I’m using it again.

I agree; a short ad is worth a free account.

I agree; a short ad is worth a free account.
The problem is that on many YouTubes it is not just one short ad, I have run across some that play multiple ads in a row, and some that interrupt the video more than once in the middle with ads. I could live with one ad in the beginning but I draw the line with the interruptions in the middle.
To those of you who are not seeing this ad blocker ban yet, I think that they are rolling this out slowly and you are not safe from this in the long run.

The problem is that on many YouTubes it is not just one short ad, I have run across some that play multiple ads in a row, and some that interrupt the video more than once in the middle with ads. I could live with one ad in the beginning but I draw the line with the interruptions in the middle.
To those of you who are not seeing this ad blocker ban yet, I think that they are rolling this out slowly and you are not safe from this in the long run.

In-video ads usually are for longer videos. Still, considering there's no other resource available that gives us instant access to such a massive library of videos for short 10/30/60 second ads, I think it's a worthy trade-off. I can't think of any site where I could watch a video of how to fix my car then jump to a Warhammer 40k video, then jump to music when it's gym time.

YouTube seems to have the upper hand today in its fight with uBlock Origin. No amount of cache purging and filter updating has allowed it to work for me this afternoon. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

YouTube seems to have the upper hand today in its fight with uBlock Origin. No amount of cache purging and filter updating has allowed it to work for me this afternoon. We'll see what happens tomorrow.
Just follow the steps that I outlined in post #55. It is still working well for me.

Checkout the total number of blocked items in 3-1/2 years - over 10 million. :oops:

1699572330487.png

Back