YouTube - I'm out...

I can control mine through the radio itself.
Of course skip, back, and play work. There's no interface like the app which is what I'm talking about. Not sure why I'm defending this. Every time I bring up that T word it always starts some weird response. All I was getting at was that YouTube Premium isn't worth it to me because I don't use YouTube Music because it doesn't meet my needs. Spotify ends up being vastly superior for my use because there's literally an app for every device, car, and way I use it which also works to continue where I left off no matter where I'm at.

Unfortunately everyone is running away from Android Auto and CarPlay. Either way unfortunately Spotify works on everything so I can use it with CarPlay in my VW and with the built in player on the Tesla. Technically it can still be used, but it would be through Bluetooth and won’t have full controls.

Tesla hater, that’s rare. 😂

GM is the only big OEM running away from phone casting support. Tesla and Rivian have never had it, so there's no there there, but Lucid gets it.

Among the tech savvy, many have said that no casting will be a deal breaker the next time they car shop, so whatever Barra and her crew are smoking is clouding their judgement. Their dealers aren't thrilled about the idea either.

Everyone else is listening to their customers, and those customers like to have their familiar phone interface, and the apps/subscriptions they've already bought and paid for transferable to their vehicle environments, while avoiding the typically awful attempts at UX the OEMs put forth in their own systems, and not have to subject themselves to yet more attempts to mine them for more money and data.

Of course skip, back, and play work. There's no interface like the app which is what I'm talking about. Not sure why I'm defending this. Every time I bring up that T word it always starts some weird response. All I was getting at was that YouTube Premium isn't worth it to me because I don't use YouTube Music because it doesn't meet my needs. Spotify ends up being vastly superior for my use because there's literally an app for every device, car, and way I use it which also works to continue where I left off no matter where I'm at.
I have zero experience with a Tesla so I try to view them as neutral as possible vs other vehicles, I took it as it didn’t work at all that’s my bad 😅

I did decide at the ripe age of 25 I hated big touch screen radios though, hence the bare bones example of my radio in my truck I posted a picture of lol.

Well, I try to see the good side of some of these deals knowing it takes concessions … I’ve had many mostly mediocre built in Navigational systems … Now have my best and worst …
Best ever is 2022 Tahoe bcs it’s Google …
Worst ever is 2020 Jeep bcs it can’t find popular places and tells me to turn the wrong way - then “orbit the area” … Don’t know why and don’t even like the interfaces with my iPhone …

I did exactly what this said after adblock plus stopped working and i would get the adblock message but after and now the ads are getting blocked without the message. I don't have an issue with ads but i got a 15 second unskippable ad and another 5 second ad on a 2 minute video which is just abusive.

IMG_2917.jpeg

Contrarian view here. I don’t mind the YouTube ads.

It’s how they get paid to distribute content.

I don’t mind tv with rabbit ears, and watching commercials is part of the beast.

Not that I love commercials. It just is what it is. I’m not an “I deserve” whiner usually.

I do boycott cable tv because I refuse to pay to watch commercials. Just for my perspective…

YouTube keeps playing mostly Spanish language ads for me. My Spanish is less than stellar. Is a secret educational program behind this?
Funny so I'm watching a YT vid (Via Roku TV) on Neanderthals and their lack of use of oregano. They mention some finds in SPAIN.

Vid stops. Ad pops on TV. Some cat treats. In Spanish!!

Last edited:
Looks like Adblock Plus in Firefox is still working well. Saw it update itself, so apparently Adblock Plus is keeping up with YouTube.

I went ahead and signed up for premuim this morning. Adblocker stopped working on my coworkers and I started getting the messages after. For $22 not terrible really since the wife and two boys watch on average couple hours a day. The single plan though is a bit high.

I went ahead and signed up for premuim this morning. Adblocker stopped working on my coworkers and I started getting the messages after. For $22 not terrible really since the wife and two boys watch on average couple hours a day. The single plan though is a bit high.

I'm only paying $9.99 since I'm grandfathered in from Google Music but even for the small increase to $13, the benefits greatly outweigh the costs; considering apple music and Spotify is $11/month and doesn't have close to a percentage of the videos YT has.

I'm only paying $9.99 since I'm grandfathered in from Google Music but even for the small increase to $13, the benefits greatly outweigh the costs; considering apple music and Spotify is $11/month and doesn't have close to a percentage of the videos YT has.

I'm grandfathered in at $7.99, I can't believe they're still honoring it.

Reactions: Pew
If you’re watching videos you don’t need to pay anything. A 5s ad really isn’t much to watch a video free.

I had to boycott Amazon music for a while when it went from a decent free perk to almost useless. Now that it allows some downloading and custom “all access” playlists, I’m using it again.

Back