Your ultimate sleeper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Renault Espace F1. The ultimate minivan. Although the exhaust note might be a little conspicuous.
grin2.gif

Streetfire.net

A 123 diesel with either the 500 or 560 alloy V-8.
Either would probably be no heavier than the inline four or five cylinder iron diesel.
Imagine a car with a 240D badge eating WRXs and most six cylinder BMWs for breakfast.
Don't know how doable this would be, but Mercedes did shoehorn the four and five liter V-8s into the smaller 124.

Originally Posted By: exranger06
Supercharged Ford Explorer. There actually is a supercharger kit for it. Also works in Rangers. Or a 2.3 turbo'ed Ranger.

Yup. That is a good one. H/C/I on a 302 Explorer, then add an S-trim or something to it. Easily 500+ to the tires.

I forgot to mention in my earlier post my 78 CJ7 with an LT-1. Problem is it is unsafe at the high speeds it is now capable of. LOL!

Originally Posted By: exranger06
Supercharged Ford Explorer. There actually is a supercharger kit for it. Also works in Rangers. Or a 2.3 turbo'ed Ranger.

Saleen upfitted explorers in the late 90's. supercharging was one of the options. I drove one, it handled better than a stock exploder but it didn't have the sure footedness it required for the extra balls of the supercharger.

1964 Ford Fairlane 2-dr hardtop. I woulda said a good hot 302 or 351 for under the hood- but since it now exists, how about one of those new 2011 Mustang GT engines & auto trannies? That should be a real attention getter!
19.gif

give me a 200 shot of nitrous on my SHO

that would be a [censored] of a sleeper, not a good stoplight to stoplight racer though

you could go with the aformentioned supercharger/turbocharged mods, but anyone who knows cars can hear that stuff a mile away.... not too much of a sleeper when you pull up next to a car and hear a turbine whine or a supercharger whine when you nail it... hence the nitrous mod...... keeps it in stealth mode a bit

My 06 PT GT Cruiser with mods runs mid to low 14's at 100+ and is a real kit in the butt at stoplights,specially when they see a 67 year old, mostly bald driver!

Originally Posted By: VNTS
Originally Posted By: santov
Nobody mentioned a Jeep SRT8? 0-60 in 4.5, 420HP, all wheel drive? Stock you'll eat a 1/4 mile in the 12's, but here's one that in the 9's!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUVQZPHaNKY&feature=player_embedded

You would have to remove the SRT decor and change the exhaust, the dual tips in the center of the rear bumper are a dead give away :)

...as are the wheels/tires and lowered ride heoight.
wink.gif

About 1990 I knew a guy in Killeen, TX that had a Chev. Vega station wagon with a Chevy V8 small block and a four speed automatic trans. I never got to ride in it but I bet it surprised a lot of people.

The 2003 Subaru Forester XT Turbo 2.5 with Manual 5-Speed.
Lighter, Bigger Engine, More Torque and More Gear than the same year WRX.
0.5 seconds quicker than the WRX. 13's stock.

1971 Pontiac GT-37
Lemans body with the 455HO from The GTO Judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back