Your Major Annoyances on Your Car!??

Re "freezing conditions warnings" when it's above freezing:
One owners' manual said it was set that way because icy conditions linger into the morning as the day heats up.

I wonder if you can adjust the bumpers under the hood? There should be some rubber bumpstops that could be turned out just a hair.
honestly i did not play with them yet, but there is a tiny gap once you press the hood down, just for a hair id say; i think it wont do much im not optimistic but ill try to adjust a bit over the weekend

honestly i did not play with them yet, but there is a tiny gap once you press the hood down, just for a hair id say; i think it wont do much im not optimistic but ill try to adjust a bit over the weekend
Push down on the corners of the hood, when it's closed. They should be supported. If you can push down and feel it kiss, then turn them out a smidge. I'm not sure how much pressure you want, probably none at all, but they should at least touch when the hood is closed. Too high and I suspect it just won't close at all.

Those stupid Mercedes electronic keyfobs. Not nearly as reliable as the rest of the car. There's an emergency key to mechanically open/close the doors if the car battery or keyfob battery fails but sure enough no WD40 can make it operationnal again after not being used for 23 years. So... If the car battery dies i'm screwed.

I discovered one today:
The passenger seat belt alarm dinging endlessly - AFTER they got out and I put it in park...both 60 seconds ago! I had to fasten the seat belt then disconnect it again. It silenced the alarm, but still showed the light for about 10 seconds, then shut off.

If it's in park, no alarm. Period! Hyundai, are you listening?

Aside from that, the only annoyance I have is the freezing temperature warning ding at 39°. I'm pretty sure nothing is going to freeze at 39°...

Everything else was done right. That's why I bought it.
That temp. alarm point should be programmable . Or you can delete it .

Those stupid Mercedes electronic keyfobs. Not nearly as reliable as the rest of the car. There's an emergency key to mechanically open/close the doors if the car battery or keyfob battery fails but sure enough no WD40 can make it operationnal again after not being used for 23 years. So... If the car battery dies i'm screwed.
It may not work in your situation, but I found that dipping a key in 10-40 (or other suitable weight) motor oil and then sticking it in a lock 2 or 3 times cleared up problems that the WD-40 and stuff like that will not.

Saab 9000 - some minor nits. No glovebox, no front center armrest, poorly located cupholders (center console poorly thought out in general), can't open ashtray while trans is in Park position, cigarette lighter turns off with ignition, remote key fob locks/unlocks all doors at the same time, can't turn ignition back on after turning off unless key is taken out and reinserted.

Push down on the corners of the hood, when it's closed. They should be supported. If you can push down and feel it kiss, then turn them out a smidge. I'm not sure how much pressure you want, probably none at all, but they should at least touch when the hood is closed. Too high and I suspect it just won't close at all.
I played somewhat and noticed the rubberized pins and on one side of the car is almost to the lowest point while on the other side is almost at the highest point; the hood is flushed on one side while the other is about 1-2mm lower than fender

the pin with the lowest point does not make contact with the hood i'd say while the one with almost highest point little to none; so I ended adjusting just one side but due to short days I wasn't able to test the vibration; I may even use some dye in coming days to see how much there is a contact between the hood and the pins on both sides

My biggest complaint with the Versa is the road noise. It's hard to have a conversation with anyone in the back seat at speeds above 50 MPH.

my 2000 M5 had upgraded to “cupholders”

couldn’t fit anything more than a can of red bull. luckily they sold an insert on ebay for like 20 bucks

I know them well. Both were broken when I bought my '01, luckily they weren't expensive nor difficult to replace, but yes, they weren't overly useful at their intended task.

Auto start stop. Ruins the whole car for a few bucks a year in fuel. Horrible forced feature. Only good option to disable compromises warranty.

2007 f150... Yes it's a super basic truck but I wish it had a tach. And the fake/blank buttons on the steering wheel where cruise control and audio control could have been bother me. Just omit them entirely... I know it's cost savings so they only need to mold one steering wheel but still.

2010 escape... The shifter bezel trim is chrome (nothing else in the car is) and reflects sunlight underneath my sunglasses at certain times of the day. Been thinking about covering it with electrical tape. Just a dumb design overall, they could have made it matte black and it would have looked fine.

Back