Your internet speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: rshaw125
Here Road Runner caps your speed.Apparently you can hack the modem and remove the cap.

Same is true anywhere. You can do that until they figure it out and terminate your service.

RR turbo northeast ohio

pretty pathethic..upload.. sigh nothing else is available locally thats faster though.

Need more upstream for remote desktop-- boo.

In real use I usually get 1.8-2.2 from most websites that have enough bandwidth.. or if im lucky like last night I got 2.4MB/sec from steam downloading Left for dead 2 (on sale 6 dollars)

oh and everyone should retest with germantown WI if you are remotely close it gives higher results.. than toledo etc for me(translation: that server has mega bandwidth available)

for instance here is the "RECOMMENDED" test

I did that one 5mins after the other one....

Last edited:

I Guess I live in the sticks
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Just installed a router and it cut down my speed about 3 megs. No big deal..it went from 21 to 18 down. Up is still 4+

I noticed that when I turned off the wireless signal (even though I'm hardwired) I don't get episodes of slower downloads. I suspect I had a neighbor stealing my stuff.

I just can't bring myself to use wireless.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
From my hardwired desktop:

The 1ms latency difference between the two tests is insignificant. Sounds like your wireless hardware is working correctly.
thumbsup2.gif

I have the lowest (slowest) service @ 3Mb/s down, but I don't watch movies or stream video. Plus, I pay only $15/mo. for ATT dsl. It dropped to ~ 300kb/s until I figured out my old router was at fault. My ping is a bit high though. . .

Originally Posted By: SLCraig
830929539.png

It's a 10mbit connection with .5 limited upload speed. Rogers. They've always been that way with the up. Aside from that I am happy with this connection, its really reliable and plenty fast.

New results.. a bit faster down than when I first posted in this thread.
smile.gif

Wired:

Wireless:

Wireless still seems slower. It also drops VOIP calls more often (spend 2-3 hrs on Skype & Google Voice/day)

Wired desktop, 6MB DSL service. Usually very stable. Bundled with unlimited POTS @ $65/month fixed price indefinitely.

Originally Posted By: rjundi
Wired:

Wireless:

Wireless still seems slower. It also drops VOIP calls more often (spend 2-3 hrs on Skype & Google Voice/day)

What brand/model of router?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back