Your instrument panel at speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
accidentally deleted my pic from the earlier posts so here it is again
speedo152mph.jpg

AEM intake, Borla exhaust minus a catalytic converter.

Thats about it, aside from excellent maintenance.

Takes a long [censored] straight stretch to top it out considering she has 120,000 miles on her. She's not a young girl anymore.

120,000 miles is not a lot of miles anymore. 300K or 400K miles, now we're getting into the upper miles.
55.gif

Originally Posted By: BobFout
120,000 miles is not a lot of miles anymore. 300K or 400K miles, now we're getting into the upper miles.
55.gif

Well, this IS a mitsubishi we're talking about.
grin2.gif
27.gif

Originally Posted By: Lethal1ty17
accidentally deleted my pic from the earlier posts so here it is again
speedo152mph.jpg

I LOVE the 'blurring' effect in the windshield - that is great!

I would not want to try taking a pic at this speed, but that's me!

I agree, at that speed (if I ever drive that fast on a stretch of empty highway or on a race track) I would have both hands on steering wheel. It's very gutsy to take a picture while driving at 150 MPH.

Originally Posted By: Nick R
55.gif

grin2.gif
27.gif

Not so far off from a Chrysler product.

Originally Posted By: Lethal1ty17
AEM intake, Borla exhaust minus a catalytic converter.

Thats about it, aside from excellent maintenance.

Takes a long [censored] straight stretch to top it out considering she has 120,000 miles on her. She's not a young girl anymore.

How much power do you think you gained from removing the cat? I don't think it's worth doing, don't you have laws prohibiting this?

Originally Posted By: silverrat
55.gif

grin2.gif
27.gif

Yeah, pretty much the Dodge Avenger Coupe and Chrysler Sebring Coupe

Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac
Originally Posted By: silverrat
55.gif

grin2.gif
27.gif

Yeah, pretty much the Dodge Avenger Coupe and Chrysler Sebring Coupe

Unless I'm very much mistaken, it is a completely different platform. They share the same 2.4L DOHC engine, but afaik that's it.

I actually just blindly snapped that pic with my phone without taking my eyes off the road, and it came out very well for quickly grabbing it and not really holding it steady.

The Eclipse and Stratus R/T share the same frame, along with the Sebring I believe. The Eclipse and Stratus R/T also share like 90% of the same parts too, no joke.

And I dont think I gained all that much from removing my rear cat (I have 2 left still) and yes it is still illegal, but I live in Ky where people breed with their families, the environment is not on the top of the concerns list.

Also, if I ever choose to drive in the triple digits, having no one else around is a top priority of mine.

Look at a 2000-2005 Eclipse and then look at the same year Stratus R/T.

engines are the same, suspension, interior bits like dashes, steering wheels, door panels, etc.

Wow, I would never have guessed 200hp would get a car going 150mph...
If you read the wikipedia page, the 2 door Stratus was the Eclipse twin, the 4 door Stratus although having engines with nearly identical specs was still a Dodge.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
Wow, I would never have guessed 200hp would get a car going 150mph...

It has a bit more than 200hp, but it takes a while to build up that speed. i think it would take 1 1/2 to 2 miles to maybe top it out.

once you get going so fast, you styart covering ground alot faster, so its exponentially harder to go faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back