Your favorite tool box colors

I don't get to vote, or I'm too old to vote! When I bought my Snappy cart in 86' they came in tomato red. When I bought my KR1000 rollaway in 87' they still only came in tomato red, never givin it a second thought, but have seen many friends buy newer boxes of many different colors. But I'm still stuck with TOMATO RED!

Any samples? I like blue, gray would be a good neutral in a shop though.
In direct sunlight:

IMG_7865.jpg

They’re more similar than one would think.

The various colors are great, and I particularly like the yellow and orange options which stand out verybwell agianst my gray garage walls. However, at the end of the day, I only really care about keeping the box looking relatively clean and grease-free, without the need to wipe them down. Therefore all my boxes are boring black.

Besides, if my box is too loud it steals the attention from my vintage gas station signs!

The various colors are great, and I particularly like the yellow and orange options which stand out verybwell agianst my gray garage walls. However, at the end of the day, I only really care about keeping the box looking relatively clean and grease-free, without the need to wipe them down. Therefore all my boxes are boring black.

Besides, if my box is too loud it steals the attention from my vintage gas station signs!
I agree with this. And for all my talk about colors, I'm presently running a green Homak 72" combo.....but I'm always watching 72" SnapOn lowers in the secondary market. If something came up at a great price I'd totally sit my green Homak upper on any other color lower if the replacement lower was a better piece/better drawer layout/deeper than 24"

I know a mismatch is blasphemy but I simply don't care.

Also I always heard the brief stainless craze was the worst for showing smudges etc. And if it's not magnetic that wouldn't work for me. I'm not sure any of the tool trucks ever embraced stainless but it was briefly en vogue for consumer grade boxes at Costco, Sams, Sears etc

Understood! My wife insisted our JL be Mojito (back in '19 when they still offered it) and I've been partial to green ever since. Doesn't necessarily make sense since any of the tool greens and Mojito aren't really that similar.
View attachment 205757
That said, when I bought my HF 34" cart they didn't have green in stock so I took blue. Oddly, it holds my tools just as well ;)
That's interesting that Jeep calls that shade mojito. I don't remember mojitos being that green. I think mint is a closer description. Very cool color.

I have four Craftsman and one Stanley tool boxes and the Craftsman are all red and the Stanley is black. If I was buying something new, I would try to get orange.

Whatever you do, always get the ball bearing equipped shelves. Don’t cheap out.
This guy gets it. I have a couple Craftsman Quiet Glide boxes, and they have been good, but that hammer drawer really takes some effort to open/close.

Honestly though, I was never gonna spring for ball bearing back when I bought them. Actually, I received the real basic Craftsman boxes as a gift and exchanged them for the Quiet Glide boxes that were on a deep discount at the time.

I doubt that, Snap on makes a very good box, not inexpensive but that is another story.
Yeah, I thought all the Snappy boxes were still made in the US. Not sure about some of the smaller boxes/service carts?

I'm not saying the boxes are worth SnapOn retail, but that's why I only shop used/secondary market.

I just don't think SnapOn roll cabs are coming out of the same Chinese factory as US General :D

Update:

I narrowed it down to either Supersonic Blue or Storm Gray, either bedliner top or stainless steel. Black Trim.

These are some pictures of each combo. It isn’t the exact cart I’m considering, but they are very similar in appearance.

1) Storm Gray with Stainless Steel Top:
IMG_7878.jpeg

2) Storm Gray with Bedliner Top:
IMG_7882.jpeg

3) Supersonic Blue with Bedliner Top:
IMG_7883.jpeg

IMG_7884.jpeg

4) Supersonic Blue with Stainless Top:
IMG_7885.jpeg

IMG_7886.jpeg

Back