Your favorite tool box colors

I am considering a new tool cart and deciding on color is the toughest part.

What color combos do y'all like? In no particular order, I am considering the following:

Supersonic Blue w/black trim
Storm Gray w/black trim
Combat Green w/black trim (my wife's favorite)
Cranberry w/black trim

Future resale is also a slight consideration. I think certain colors will always have a very limited audience and I would prefer to avoid that situation....if possible.

Just saw this picture of an "off-white" with black trim - looks sharper than I thought.

1709084284734.jpg

Green with black trim is my choice anything but red.
I kinda feel this way, too. Just kinda tired of the classic red, but the Candy Apple changes it up enough for me to like it again.

I also like the Extreme Green, even though I feel it's dated and over-played in its own way. I still gravitate toward the green for boxes and hand tools like the Snap On ratchets and hammers

I heard Cranberry was discontinued at least from Snap-on according to my dealer but he could be wrong.

My work boxes are orange only because I needed a box on the spot lol and just stuck with orange. My choice is blue with chrome trim like I’ve got at home. Or purple with black trim. Also grey with black trim looks sick as well.

Need photos to compare.

I like the deep blue of my Craftsman boxes. The HF orange box looked sharp when I was in there last. The white will get dirty fast.

After looking, the supersonic blue is the most unique and the one I would buy.

Cranberry I thought would pop more but the photos weren’t compelling.

Combat green looks good, but I feel it’s too generic a color for a $$$ box.

The grey one is even more generic. Like the cranberry it didn’t pop for me.

So I’d say either happy wife happy life, or get the blue one that really pops….

I like yellow.
Matched the chevy avalanche I used to have.
View attachment 205754
Understood! My wife insisted our JL be Mojito (back in '19 when they still offered it) and I've been partial to green ever since. Doesn't necessarily make sense since any of the tool greens and Mojito aren't really that similar.
Resized_20200815_091059.jpg

That said, when I bought my HF 34" cart they didn't have green in stock so I took blue. Oddly, it holds my tools just as well ;)

Wow! That supersonic blue is really something! That's what I would go with.

But I gotta say, my favorite tool box color, the only one that doesn't scream "Look at me. I'm trying to be cool, because I got a cool colored tool box", is the hammer finish brown that Kennedy puts on their tool boxes. It is the only tool box color that says "I'm just here to work. Can we get to it already?"

Back