Your favorite cordless tool brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: DemoFly
My favorite is Rigid. They are a quality product for being a (now) house brand.

If you take them apart they are the same as a Milwaukee, and they are just as good as any Milwaukee.

And that makes a lot of sense because they are both owned and produced by Techtronic Industries.

Used them in commercial building maintenance for years, never a tool failure, never a battery failure. Only negative to their cordless hand tools is that the rubber overmold on their grips will wear away after 5 years of daily use.

Great to hear your perspective, I do commercial building maintenance as well and I'm hoping these Ridgid tools hold up as well as the Milwaukee tools!

The ridgid gen 5x stuff is decent, and a good price point for brushless tools. Since all but a few Dewalt and a few choice makita items are made in a China, best value then follows different metrics.

I'm more and more a believer that the best in breed is by different makers for different tools (just like it is for corded tools or hand tools), and so adherence to one battery system isn't necessarily the best move.

As long as you perform the warranty registration 100% to the tooth and nail with Rigid, they are hard to beat. I've never had batteries on any power tool I've owned go beyond 2 years. So I went to Rigid based on their warranty, and so far they have delivered. They've replaced 2 drill batteries for me a couple years back, and are currently evaluating 2 more batteries and the drill itself. Based on what I was told at Home Depot, they expect both batteries and the drill to be replaced easy-peasy. I own 2 drills and an impact driver from them.

I have a so-so relationship with Ryobi. I really like their single-battery solution and use them for hedge trimmer, powered snake and rechargeable chain saw. The tools are sturdy and work well, but I know there will be a "battery tax" when I have to start replacing weak batteries for the life of the ryobi collection. Maybe I could graft on the tail end of a Rigid tool and swap the ryobis over to Rigid batts...

I gave up on DeWalt after short battery lifespans. Frustrating buying an $80 battery set for a $120 drill, $99 on sale....

-m

Last edited:
The only cordless tools ive used are dewalt, 18v and 20v, work well for what i need them. Have a lot of corded brands and i like them all. It comes down to you get what you pay for. Don't expect hilti quality out of a chicago chipping hammer. If it's in the same price range chances are they aren't much different regardless of the brand.

Milwaukee here, both 12V and 18V. Their brushless stuff and 9AH Batteries are awesome, best in class. Their lines are deep and wide and have something for nearly every application.

I have the 18v Fuel Miter saw and it came with 2 9AH batteries. We installed laminate in the downstairs (about 1200 sq ft.). Started the day with a fresh 9AH battery and it died on the last 10 cuts. Lasted all day cutting the planks. We were all impressed with the power and battery life.

The Fuel cordless drill is a beast and so is the impact.

Love my heated jacket and hoodie.

The 12v line is great for pick up or light duty. I've beat those things for 6 years now.

Never been a fan of DeWalt - just gussied-up Black and Decker, and IMHO vastly overrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back