You know you're a real bitoger when...

I'm going to have to admit that she is the most BITOG member that exists: Frying up fish in Motor Oil.

The chemistry in motor oil is not safe for human consumption. Many years ago there was a news clip about some foreign country where food was fried in motor oil and the results were devastating to those who consumed it. Granted that that was several decades ago so the chemistry of motor oil has changed but there is no way that this can be considered to be safe for human consumption.

The chemistry in motor oil is not safe for human consumption. Many years ago there was a news clip about some foreign country where food was fried in motor oil and the results were devastating to those who consumed it. Granted that that was several decades ago so the chemistry of motor oil has changed but there is no way that this can be considered to be safe for human consumption.
I have to agree I have done plenty of stupid things in my life and use to be a big risk taker but this is really dangerous

You cut open your entire stash of 6 oil filters, because someone commented in a thread— That there might be a cosmetic difference in some of them.

You know the part number for your oil filter (across multiple brands) and check prices and for elusive wire backed filter media when shopping in any store that carries oil filters.

Last year I changed my oil in my driveway and just waited for it to fully drip out, it was a hot spring day with no wind and I was there a good 5 to 10 minutes and I felt sick afterwards. Just from the vapors unless that was coincidence, now I just pull the plug and roll myself out from under it.

Back