yay or nay on wireless charging

Thats a really great ultrabook if you have had it for a over a decade and saw no battery life lost.

Whats cpuid have it pegged at as current battery capacity vs designed capacity?

The battery monitor in linux is telling me:

current = 49.58
designed = 62.16

It's 100% charged, I'm at 79.76% capacity.

Its been 10 years so kind of hard to remember how long it lasted initially. But still going very strong.

It's probably because it's a low enough duty application that you're not noticing or care about the capacity loss. If it's been kept at 100% charge for a decade it's pretty much guaranteed that battery is no more than 50-60% of the original capacity. Alot of laptops also have notoriously bad/weird capacity reporting such that unless you're actually doing a full cycle test...that you can't trust the estimated run time shown.

I don't use it often anymore these days (it just stays plugged into the wall for the most part, powered up and in standby), but when I do use it I use it all day. I'd notice if it was dead in 30 minutes but it lasts several hours yet for my usage on pure battery. It's just a strong laptop all around (the frame itself is aluminum and a little lightweight but the rest has been amazing).

Edit, adding link to wikipedia, mine is the second generation released in 2012 which is when I bought it.

Back