XD-3 at Wal-Mart up in price...big time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use to cost $22.95 a 4L jug...to-day it was $35.95
smirk2.gif

but they are lowing prices everyday! LOL...... By there new slogon, you will not live too long.

Yep, I noticed that a few days ago. That oil always seemed too cheap to be true anyway! The Tech2000 0W-30 is still $23, so it doesn't change anything for me, but I called my diesel-burning friend right after I saw that. I guess I'll find out next time he goes to the bulk dealers if this increase is happening to all the winter diesel oils or if it's just a Wal-Mart thing.

Originally Posted By: dargo
but they are lowing prices everyday! LOL...... By there new slogon, you will not live too long.

I laughed b/c my Wal-Mart had just gone up to $19 for a gallon of Platinum. Yet a few weeks later they have the $19 price listed as a "ROLLBACK" from $19.97.
mad.gif

PP 10w-30 just hit 33 bucks around the Soo area (Canada-side). Which is wholely stupid, as you can jump the border, skip the B*S 'enviro-fee', and pick up at even a gas station for cheaper on the Michigan side.

HA!! Now not only can't you get fancy filters cheap ... but your great cheap oils are now expensive.

Take THAT! No one expects the US inquisition!
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Patman
Don't forget, they'll tack on that stupid new Eco-tax on top of that price too!
mad.gif

What new tax are you talking about?

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
HA!! Now not only can't you get fancy filters cheap ... but your great cheap oils are now expensive.

grin2.gif

Ya but you Americans will buy it at the new price anyway.You can't stand somebody having something you can't get over there
23.gif

Originally Posted By: Greaser
Originally Posted By: Gary Allan

grin2.gif

Ya but you Americans will buy it at the new price anyway.You can't stand somebody having something you can't get over there
23.gif

Of course. We're rich Americans. Haven't you heard??
grin2.gif

Luke: Move to the USA and the reward would be ...
Han: How much?
Luke: ..well, ..more than you could imagine!
Han: I don't know (kid)..I can imagine quite a bit.

grin2.gif

We do appear to have it pretty good. I guess we just don't know what really bad is.

Went to 3 Wal-Marts to investigate the price increase.First two stores were $35.14 a jug,last store was $25.14 a jug.Cleared the shelf and went to the check-out.Girl beeps the first jug and it comes in at $35.14 a jug.I said the price was $25.14 labeled on the shelf.She calls back to automotive and they confirmed my $25.14 price,an error on their part.I got the oil for $25.14 a jug!I'm stocked till next year!Bye the way I have no life running from Wal-Mart to Wal-Mart checking oil prices but it was a beautiful day for driving the Jeep with no top or doors so who cares.The $30 I saved more than payed for my gas!
19.gif

Should be ten dollars off the marked price.

I just looked up the PDS on xd-3, and the TBN is now only 7.8 for the 0w40. It used to be 12.2. Pour point is -45C while it used to be -48. Flash point used to be 224, now is 215. VI is up, though. Someone needs to tell Olympic, since he was running the 0w30 for 40,000 km in his vans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back