People don't like 5 quart oil jugs....what?

All my present and past engines hold "approximately (Manufactures wording)" 4.5to 5.2 quarts. I put in a 5 quart jug and it measures at .5 to max on the dipstick so I'm good to go. I'm old enough to realize it not worth over thinking these simple tasks.

My Mazda takes 5.5 quarts of 5W-30 and my Jag takes 6.9 quarts of 0W-20.
My snowblower and generator also use 5W-30 so if I buy two 5 quart jugs I always have some left over for the next couple of Mazda oil changes and to do seasonal changes on the snowblower and generator if desired. One quart bottles of Mobil 1 or Castrol Edge synthetic are often around $10-$12 so it makes no sense to buy them instead of another 5 quart jug for $28 or so.

The oil for the Jaguar however only comes in1 liter bottles so I will just have to buy 7 of them when my warranty which covers free oil & filter changes expires. Oil & filter changes will run about $130 vs. about $40 for the Mazda.....

A car i was working on had 2.9 sump...but since it was serviced by a quiky lube place they ended up putting 3 or 4 quarts depending on how they felt that day. Sometimes i pull the dipstick and see right level, other times well

Back