Local oil change place mis hap

was done to stop price gouging
1714085226391.jpg

The 'splash shields' are often a PITA to remove. I like the way Mazda does it with an access panel removeable with 2 screws that gives access to both the drain plug and the oil filter. My Fords have several screws holding the shield (9 IIRC) and my inlaws Kia Sorento is even worse (12 IIRC).
I'm thinking these manufacturers make it difficult to so that customers bring it to the dealer for OCs.

PS: It's good to hear about a 'good guy' doing the right thing to fix their mistake.

It really isn’t.
How is it if they are working only in a pit like Walmart and Jiffy Lube?

When I had a part time job (side gig to the younger group) at Jiffy Lube to catch up on bills/new house, the access was good but still limited for services. Not like being on a lift. Then again many places do this so should be doable. I can't recall last time I went to a quicklube place even dealer version.

How is it if they are working only in a pit like Walmart and Jiffy Lube?

When I had a part time job (side gig to the younger group) at Jiffy Lube to catch up on bills/new house, the access was good but still limited for services. Not like being on a lift. Then again many places do this so should be doable. I can't recall last time I went to a quicklube place even dealer version.
I mean I don't know if it is hard for them or not. I have two vehicles with underbelly protection that have to be removed. BMW is easier as it has access door.

Reactions: 4WD
They only tow you to the “closest repair facility”, right?
Depending on your plan (7, 100, 200 miles), they will tow you to wherever....... your home, your repair place, or someplace they use to do repairs. I am in SoCal so different AAA may be different. Check your local AAA.

Back