Wrong filter previously installed

Purchased a 2020 challenger scatpack a couple weeks ago with roughly 21500 miles on it. Dealership serviced the car prior to my purchase.

I changed the oil today and noticed they put on way too small of an oil filter.

My question is could this have had a negative impact on the motor for the 1200 or so miles ive put on the car?

20240325_175457.jpg

No. Even if that filter had no media and was just an empty can 1200 miles on non dusty road wouldn't harm it. And given that most people who own these things change the oil not infrequently along with the filter there isn't much need for more media.

What oil are you using and for how long will you run it.

Scat Pack usually uses a MO899 and the 6.4 Hemis in the 2500 trucks use a MO339 which is the size of the small filter you have pictured. Lots of vehicles use the PF 48, XG 10060 sized filter. Your car will be fine.
My son runs the MO-899 on his 19’ model SP.

No. Even if that filter had no media and was just an empty can 1200 miles on non dusty road wouldn't harm it. And given that most people who own these things change the oil not infrequently along with the filter there isn't much need for more media.

What oil are you using and for how long will you run it.
Valvoline European Vehicle Full Synthetic SAE 0W-40.

Ill change it at 5k miles

Purchased a 2020 challenger scatpack a couple weeks ago with roughly 21500 miles on it. Dealership serviced the car prior to my purchase.

I changed the oil today and noticed they put on way too small of an oil filter.

My question is could this have had a negative impact on the motor for the 1200 or so miles ive put on the car?

View attachment 210359

Good Morning Atlsrt45,
For 1,200 miles I can't see there being a negative impact. Was the filter you took off the correct filter spec'd for your vehicle?
I'm glad you were able to shop, select and install the filter of your choice. This is always satisfying! :) (y)

Thank you for all the input. Think i was just a little flustered after breaking a filter wrench trying to get it off as they put it on at 1000psi. Same with the drain plug.

I ran the OG XG2 ultra on the 6.4 in my 2500. The last time I looked Fram hadn’t changed the XG2’s to the new media type but I haven’t looked in atleast a year.

Back