wow, fram realy does suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was checking out frams website (I wanted to know the micron ratings of their filters) and noticed this:

Fram Double Guard Oil Filter

"-96% single pass efficiency media and PTFE engine treatment combined in one premium filter, to trap harmful particles on the first pass - before they reach a vehicle's engine."
(http://www.fram.com/products/oilFilters.php)

It has a NEGATIVE 96% single pass efficiency. wow....just wow.

It means it adds 96% of crap which did not exist before.

Can we assume this 96% of crap is PTFE?

When I was 16 and working on my 84 Cressida, I always wanted a Double Guard (I thought it was king!). Good for me that I could not pay $9.99 for one. $9.99 was a full tank of gas for me back then.

I'm on my way to buy one right now, it's a great filter and the PTFE is just a bonus now I can just store my shelves of slick 50 for future use.

Winston:
"We need a sarcasm meter in order to understand this thread."

Sarcasm Meter:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
^
Current Level=10

Well poop...that didnt work the way it was supposed to.
frown.gif

Sorry for the double post, dont know how that happened.

I bet this would be a great filter to use with the Quaker state High mileage oil...the stuff with slick 50 added to it.

quote:

Originally posted by schwartr88:
I bet this would be a great filter to use with the Quaker state High mileage oil...the stuff with slick 50 added to it.

Make sure you get a ricer styled "Powered By Teflon" decal for your ride. People must know you are in the cutting edge.
lol.gif

I put one of those Double Guards on my Toyota a few years ago, before discovering BITOG, thinking, "Gee, this must be really good for that kind of money." Boy did I feel like a schm--k after doing a little bit of research....

quote:

Originally posted by Alcibiades:
I put one of those Double Guards on my Toyota a few years ago, before discovering BITOG, thinking, "Gee, this must be really good for that kind of money." Boy did I feel like a schm--k after doing a little bit of research....

Same here, I have one of those High Mileage oil filters from them. Claims it has some sort of gel inside that slowly goes into the oil....
Spent 5 something on this thing to.

quote:

Originally posted by psudaytona:
Make sure you get a ricer styled "Powered By Teflon" decal for your ride. People must know you are in the cutting edge.
lol.gif

Any pun intended? Many pocket knives are teflon coated nowadays!
smile.gif

Alcibiades said:

I know exactly how you feel. I even used Slick-50 before discovering the true faith. I paid good money for a couple of those teflon filters too. Then I started cutting filters apart....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back