Fram vs Advanced Auto Parts

IF you think Fram's technical assistance people are lacking, you should talk to Wix .... Utterly useless.
I'll never forget when I called WIX about the XP efficiency. The guy I was talking to told me the efficiency was "proprietary" ... I laughed and asked if it was some king of "military top secret" and the people who want to buy shouldn't know anything about it. He had no real response of course. Since then they will tell you what it is. Back when I called, it had gone from an advertised 50% @ 20u to "proprietary" ... obviously why. 😄

It's a shame they couldn't have kept the original ultra/Titanium with whatever price adjustment needed and made the new Ultra/Titanium under a different name. Come to think of it, given how the Ultra did better in the tests, why not keep that line running and have RP and Amsoil rebadge those?
$$$-I'm sure the sprayed-on synthetic layer is cheaper to produce than the wire-backed 2 ply pink synthetic media was (or is[?] on the larger diameter filters). The Endurance is basically a repainted RP/Amsoil filter...

IF you think Fram's technical assistance people are lacking, you should talk to Wix .... Utterly useless.
I have to make a decision between totally useless CS (Wix/Purolator/Mann), or deliberately lying through their teeth CS (FB/Fram/Champ)... Decisions, decisions! Off to run my Mann filters for over 3000 miles and set my black "silicone" ADBVs on fire!

It's a shame they aren't using their high end AAP specs in their entire line in all the retail locations selling their filters. I'm not a fan of AAP but like the Titanium filters. I guess I can bite the bullet once a year and grab one at AAP.

Back