Would you use a FRAM filter if they were free?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give Me a N GIVE ME a A GIVE ME A P GIVE ME a A what does that spell napa (gold) LOVE EM the orange atomic can of death would not even be used to filter my coffee!!! (seriously)

Quote:

the orange atomic can of death would not even be used to filter my coffee!!!

I wouldn't suggest filtering your coffee with any oil filter. But if NAPA gold gives your java that special flavor....
coffeetime.gif

Quote:

Quote:

I've never seen a pic of any fram that has gone bad. some say they have had Fram's go bad but again, I haven't seen any myself. I'm like some, every thing has a bad one no matter who made it. even seen an amsoil filter bad. so again I'll stick with the fram. will never use m1 brand any more. I'll never use ptfe in any filter I have.

Well even if you're not sold on the idea that they are junk, don't you think they're better values out there?

why are you using an oil filter to begin with? do you think it keeps the oil clean? or maybe your putting junk in your oil so the filter works for you. I look for flow and as I pointed out, the longer you use a filter the more filtration it has cause the longer it stays on the filter media gets closer together as the hot oil passes through the media.

so do I think there is better values out there? I'm sure there is but I found that the cheapest Fram's out there do just fine. those of you that put garbage in your oil, I'd suggest that you use a high end filter as you probably need it.
grin.gif

My major concern with Fram's are if they're up to the task of extended drains (6 months, 8-10,000 miles) due to their relatively cheap construction quality. If I was doing 3-4,000 mile OCI's I'd use 'em but I need my filters to last for up to 10,000 miles. (I use Wix/Napa Gold, Purolator PP and PureOne)

I would be more than happy to use a FRAM extended guard filter if it were free. I've used them in the past, as well as cut them open and they are excellent filters. I'd still be using them, but NAPA golds seem just as solid but with a better ADBV and a whole lot cheaper when ordered through fleetfilter.

The regular orange frams though, not going on my nice new engine. On the old oil-burning one I replaced, sure. But only if its free.

No way would I ever use a Fram. I'd rather reuse the old filter for another 3k then use an orange can of death!

I wouldn't use any Fram even for free. $2.50 an oil change is worth it for a working filter.

wow. some of you are pretty interesting with your responses. i also find it pretty funny that someone questioned Bob himself.

personally, for free yes i would use them. if i had to buy one, no. i beleive that there are better made filters for the same money. i do want a filter that filters good in the event something does get in there, because i sure do only put oil in my car.

so many people have used frams for so long, i mean they cover the shelves at walmart. they have to sell a lot of them. you dont hear about or see cars broken down that often.

While the Orange Fram cans are made to be cost effective...my family has been using Fram filters for 20+ years on everything from motorcycles, cars, trucks, and tractors. Never one problem.

I discontinued using the Orange can when the better made tough gaurd came out. (Grey can) I use this and Pureolators Pure one with out exception.

If you have a Fram failure...you can bet the company would be all it to find out what went wrong. They'd be liable, and no company needs that. So, lets see all these terrible failures and reasons for hate.

For free? Sure I don't think they will harm anything. But since things are rarely free I pay for a Wix since it's alot of filter for the money. If I want an inexpensive filter I get Supertech.

I couldn't believe it this morning, I was at the local car hangout, and we get all kinds of exotic cars that show up there. This morning a guy shows up in a super rare 1976 Ferrari Dino 308-GT4 (4 seater) and when he popped open the engine cover, I saw an orange can of death on his engine!
shocked.gif

It looked just like this car here:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/car/326987840.html

(and if you look closely, that car has an orange can of death on it too!)
frown.gif

Quote:

I've seen many a collector car with a Fram racing filter installed. Just makes me cringe.

Here are the pics that someone else took today of that Ferrari and you can see the orange can of death:

SHWAY_0512-17.jpg

SHWAY_0512-16.jpg

There were also a couple of real nice other Ferraris there too:

SHWAY_0512-03.jpg

No Fram on this one!

SHWAY_0512-10.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back