Would you have bought the pizza?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point was that he'd make up a number that didn't really relate to the job he did. He do one job and it'd take him the same or less time and he'd charge an extra $50-$100 more just because he was a little broke at the time.
OK...great...not a $1.25.....

I'd have given the guy a 20 and went on about my day.
Same here. And while taking my pizza home I would have wished him well in these difficult times.

It seems everyone has an axe to grind nowadays. People look for even the smallest of issues to get angry about - something, anything. It's become a mission by some to feel victimized in some way. Even for a $1.25.

This situation would be a total non-issue for me. I wouldn't even give it a moment's thought. I give him $20 and I leave, glad I'm not the owner of that place. Tough times are ahead for the restaurant business because of inflation and other things. We know everything is getting more expensive. People stop eating out when money gets tight. Eating out is the first thing people give up, even take out pizza. This pizza shop owner is in for some tough times - and through no fault of his own.

Scott

Last edited:
Same here. And while taking my pizza home I would have wished him well in these difficult times.

It seems everyone has an axe to grind nowadays. People look for even the smallest of issues to get angry about - something, anything. It's become a mission by some to feel victimized in some way.

I won't waste the mental cycles to go down the dead end of Negatively Road.

Scott
Yea-and then they come on BITOG to post about a $1.25. I think when driving starts to tank due to high gas prices and maintenance slows down there be all kind of threads like these and other non-automotive related topics. BEWARE.....

Yea-and then they come on BITOG to post about a $1.25. I think when driving starts to tank due to high gas prices and maintenance slows down there be all kind of threads like these and other non-automotive related topics. BEWARE.....
Interesting thought.

Maybe we'll see gasoline rationing in our futures. If so storage/preservation discussions will become more common. Or fuel composition changes radically (much more ethanol), but cars pre-2010 don't like it and pre-2000 cars hate the new fuels. Lots to talk about there. Let's hope not.

But, yes, interesting thought.

Scott

Reactions: CKN
It's not off topic. Restaurants are/ have been hurting and can't get staff and the OP is griping about $1.25. UNBELIEVABLE!

Lets reverse the scenario and say the OP happen to have to console dive for the money and had that exact amount in his hand ( it happens occasionally) - now he came up 1.25 short. Its still no big deal right?

If they raise the price no big deal, but raise the price and let me decide to pay it or not - don't make up prices as you go along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back